• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Finance chasing me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Finance chasing me

Instalments over how long? If you can set aside and pay soon enough to avoid a new CCJ being registered permanently then it may be worth it. If not then you would risk just ending up with newer judgement on your file.

Comment

To add to all the helpful comments above, :yo: you can apply to have the judgment set aside on the basis that you did not receive the court papers at the time, but you would have to show to the court that your creditor had your current address and that you have a viable defence, otherwise the claim could be re-issued and you'd end up with a CCJ once more, back to square one.

If you were making token payments, then the debt wouldn't have been statute barred because it requires 6 years without payment or written acknowledgment.

To apply for a set aside, you'll need to fill out an N244. There is a £80 fee which may not make it worthwhile given the small amount of your judgment, although you may be able to get the fee waived if you are on a low income or reliant on benefits. :thumb:

See this for full info: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/en...e_county_court

Comment

I don't think I want to take the risk with the fee as I really don't have that sort of money. I could pay £30 a month and the debt paid off in a year but it's whether Lowells will accept it and if they don't then it means that I have admitted the debt.

Comment

Originally posted by chil View Post
          I don't think I want to take the risk with the fee as I really don't have that sort of money. I could pay £30 a month and the debt paid off in a year but it's whether Lowells will accept it and if they don't then it means that I have admitted the debt.
          Youve admitted the deby anyway Chili by the last paymen to crap 1. If £30 a month is all thats affordable Criminolwells will have to accept it and its a very reasonable amount anyway so they probably will without too much trouble.

QCK

Comment

But if it were me, I wouldn't deal with them 'direct'.

DCA's often move the goalposts after a while.

I would approach them through a free advisory service, ie http://www.stepchange.org/

See post #14 above.

& http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...372#post352372
            Post #7
            Last edited by charitynjw; 26th June 2013, 08:17:AM.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I have had a look at your link Charitynjw but don't think it will help. I am going to write to Lowell's to offer a monthly payment but don't really know how to approach it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X