• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

capquest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capquest

Hi all,anyone help me in working out when the 6year rule starts,ie I have not paid any repayments to my then bank since July 2008.I have just received communication from Capquest,what can they legally threaten me with?LIke most folks the debt was accrued by simply trying to keep my family together.
    Tags: None

Re: capquest

Hi and welcome!

Originally posted by Buryram View Post
    Hi all,anyone help me in working out when the 6year rule starts,ie I have not paid any repayments to my then bank since July 2008.I have just received communication from Capquest,what can they legally threaten me with?LIke most folks the debt was accrued by simply trying to keep my family together.
    Your profile shows you as being in England, so if you last paid in July 2008 your debt won't be SBd till next year.

Is this the first you hear from Crapquest? Can you tell us a bit more about the debt, was it a loan, credit card or catalog? When did you set up the account? who was the original lender? How much is the alleged debt? Did you ever send a CCA request for a copy of your agreement? :typing:

We're not hear to judge, so there's no need to explain why you got into debt, happened to a lot of us, for one reason or other. :thumb:

Comment

thanks,this is not the first time I've heard from Capquest,I first had letters from them in Feb 2012,all of which I ignored,I moved house in Feb2013 and they have traced me here.The debt was built up over the years on a Nat West current account and credit card up until March 2008.I moved overseas in March 2008 and returned to UK in Jan 2009,I guess I just hoped it had been written off! I've not had any contact with Nat West over the years.The sum in question is 16000 sterling.I'm currently in lodgings,basically Man in a suitcase!!

Comment

Debts are not often written off, even when they are SBd, they still get sold and DCAs still chase, until you tell them it's SBd and won't be paying it, at which point they have to leave you alone.

In the past, Crapquest have been known to issue Statutory Demands so I guess you were lucky not to have one issued while you were away! :scared:

How much of the £16,000 is for the credit card? Because it's easier to challenge the enforceability of credit cards as opposed to overdrafts. :thumb:

Comment

around 1500 0n credit card,the rest was overdraft/loan all with Nat West.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X