• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell/Co-op question - Account bought, lowell chasing with no details

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell/Co-op question - Account bought, lowell chasing with no details

They'll probably sell it to Mucky Hall.

Comment

Labman - I'd like to think yes, but in reality I'd say not a hope in hell that this has been closed for good. They are the first ones who've said they've bought the account rather than just managing it, so I reckon they'll be looking to recoup whatever pennies they paid for it.

Cleverclogs - probably, I think they're about the only ones who haven't had it yet! It's been through 4 already (thought it was 5, but lucky me it's only 4 ) Phoenix, Moorcroft, Freds and Lowell. Ah well, only 2 years to go and it's statute barred.

What I'd really like to do is send the co-op a two word letter (perhaps 3 if I felt like adding 'Bankers' to the end), in a nice big red font. I'm not sure this would help my cause, but it wouldn't half make me feel better!

Comment

Originally posted by lexis200 View Post
        Hi all, thanks for the responses.

I've dealt with most DCA's now, but only encountered Lowell once when they chased my hubby. I sent them a couple of 'check with the OC' letters and they gave up on it fairly quickly. In this case though, it appears the OC is telling porkies to their agents.
        I am a firm believer in this: that OCs lie about or hide the true nature of and correspondence related to the account they are selling on! I mean, think about it: they'll lie to your face, deny anything that was not agreed in writing, so why would they not lie to DCAs acting as either agents or purchasers?

If you've got everything you've kept regarding the account, I think you'll have no problem handling Lowell.

Comment

lexis200, just file the letter in a safe place. Check your CRA credit files, also.
          And go live your life minus of the Leeds Losers!
          X

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X