• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BCW Issued unknown default on my credit report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCW Issued unknown default on my credit report

Hi,

Please can somebody advise the best course of action? I had a credit card application refused today despite what I thought was an unblemished credit history. I immediately subscribed to Noddle to download my credit report/score and saw that an organisation called BCW (Buchanan Clark and Wells) had recently issued a default on my report for an alleged debt of £21 originating from August 2008. I have never received a single piece of correspondence from this company and have not a clue what this relates to.

I sent an email to BCW asking for more information and for an explanation as to why they had issued a default on my report? They replied asking for more information about my addresses and dob, etc. I replied to them stating that I was not prepared to give personal information to an organisation I know absolutely nothing about, and if they have reason to believe that I owe them money, they should put it in writing to me at my home address so I can respond formally (I know not if they have my address, but as I have never received any post from them I assume not).

So, I am now left with a default on my credit report that I have never been given the opportunity to respond to? I believe I will have to wait 6 years for this to drop off my report, which almost certainly prevent me from acquiring credit despite never missing a payment on any loan I have ever taken out. Please can you advise if I have grounds to take action against BCW for acting in this way and damaging my credit history without ever issuing me with a default notice or any information regarding the alleged debt? Also, is there a way I can force them to remove this default from my report?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X