• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit Report shows a reportedincorrect linked address by Creditor - settled/DA'd?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Report shows a reportedincorrect linked address by Creditor - settled/DA'd?

Hi,

I'm new but I can see there's a huge amount of help available so hoping you can advise me on this...

I have a DMP via Ste Change...had this since 2008.

Most of my debts were with Lloyds TSB and most are now assigned on.

However, today i was viewing my credit reports and have spotted that one of my Credit Card debts originally held by Lloyds and still being paid to through Step Change DMP is not showing on my records and is stated as Settled on one report with no creditor information but interestingly is showing on another with an incorrect Linked Address which was reported by Lloyds in late 2012!

So to add to the story...I have just this week had a letter from Robinso Way Ltd (and yes I can tell from posts across the web that theyve not got a great fanbase ;-)) asking me to validate myself against the 'Linked Address' which I have never been associated with.

So, my questions are :

1) Should I respond to Robinson Way at all - even if just to say @nope' not me...? Or ignore and wait for further info? I dont know them but know what they do AND I have not received any formal notification from Lloyds that the debt has been assigned.
    2) How do I handle this with the DMP - as it seems this debt might have been sold on but I was never notified of this...so the money I'm paying might be going into a black hole at Lloyds...so am I within my rights to suspend DMP payments until this is resolved?
    3) How does the incorrect address impact on this debt and to whom do I direct my issue with this to resolve?

In my view someone has cocked up with this debt transfer and has assigned the incorrect data...but the Creditor information is not visible or available so in my opinion until Lloyds or Robinson Way provide the legally required Notice of Assignment I do not agree to having this debt.

Any help appreciated.

Michelle
    Tags: None

Re: Credit Report shows a reportedincorrect linked address by Creditor - settled/DA'd

Hi Michelle,

I've tried to address your points in red purely to make them stand out from yours. Hope they help! :beagle:

Originally posted by mcrouan View Post
    Hi,

I'm new but I can see there's a huge amount of help available so hoping you can advise me on this...

I have a DMP via Ste Change...had this since 2008.

Most of my debts were with Lloyds TSB and most are now assigned on.

However, today i was viewing my credit reports and have spotted that one of my Credit Card debts originally held by Lloyds and still being paid to through Step Change DMP is not showing on my records and is stated as Settled on one report with no creditor information but interestingly is showing on another with an incorrect Linked Address which was reported by Lloyds in late 2012!

So to add to the story...I have just this week had a letter from Robinso Way Ltd (and yes I can tell from posts across the web that theyve not got a great fanbase ;-)) asking me to validate myself against the 'Linked Address' which I have never been associated with.

So, my questions are :

1) Should I respond to Robinson Way at all - even if just to say @nope' not me...? Or ignore and wait for further info? I dont know them but know what they do AND I have not received any formal notification from Lloyds that the debt has been assigned.
    If marked as satisfied, then it is likely it has been, or is in the process of being assigned in absolute - by the sound of it to Robinson Way. You have no obligation to prove anything to the CRA, but they have a legal obligation to ensure the data they hold is accurate - this is clearly what they are trying to do. If they are unsure, they should remove the information, but they always hide behind the fact they only report what they're told.
    2) How do I handle this with the DMP - as it seems this debt might have been sold on but I was never notified of this...so the money I'm paying might be going into a black hole at Lloyds...so am I within my rights to suspend DMP payments until this is resolved? Contact Lloyds and ask them. Tell them you never had a NOA. Do the same with Robinson Way. Meanwhile contact Stepchange and ask them for their advice re payments, as they are handling your DMP.
    3) How does the incorrect address impact on this debt and to whom do I direct my issue with this to resolve? As above

In my view someone has cocked up with this debt transfer and has assigned the incorrect data...but the Creditor information is not visible or available so in my opinion until Lloyds or Robinson Way provide the legally required Notice of Assignment I do not agree to having this debt. It's a bit hard for you to say that when you have been willingly paying into a DMP against this debt. If you start saying you don't acknowledge it, you may hit problems with Stepchange, but it is your right to do so if you wish.

Any help appreciated.

Michelle

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X