• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lowell advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowell advice

same old story had a few catalouges few years ago fell behind with payments so the debt got sold on to lowells looked at my credit report and lowell have defaulted me on the 7 mail order accounts.been getting letters from lowells for couple of years never opened them just binned them.had a couple of emails from lowells only about 2 of the mail order accounts.had the usual phone calls from them but never identified myself or even spoke to them just hung up.sent them 2 cca request for the 2 accounts on monday.

lowell 01/11/2010 879 23/11/2007 1001
    lowell 27/09/2010 192 22/11/2007 356
    default date start date

these are the 2 accounts i have been emailed about at the moment.i have sent the mail order company a sar request to try and claim late fees and penalty charges as i have heared a few people have been awarded them back as being unlawfull.

any advice or help would be muchly appreciated how to handle my situation.
    Tags: None

Re: lowell advice

Hi and welcome!

Those catalogue companies usually didn't require an agreement to be signed before they sent the goods out to the customer so there isn't likely to be an agreement for them. Lowell will have to obtain the documents form the original company so it may be some time before they respond. Are you still making payments?

With Lowell, you should really keep an eye on the post, open the letters and don't ignore or bin them, because they are very fond of Statutory Demands which they've been dishing out like confetti. Cel our site admin :first: has been very successful in having them set aside :yo: but there is a time frame to do so, otherwise they can go on to file a bankruptcy petition! :scared:

One of your debts is just over £300 so they couldn't issue one for that one but they certainly could for the other which is over the £750 threshold. Just something to bear in mind, it's best to stay on top of things with those guys.

You mention 7 accounts but have only provided details of 2 above. Are they all with Lowell? What are the amounts outstanding on those? Ideally you should send a CCA request for each account to cover yourself. Did you send a proper CCA request with £1 fee recorded delivery?

Comment

havent made a payment to the mail order accounts for about 3 or more years as they are closed and havent acknoledged any debt with lowell yet.and the cca yes i sent with the pound po.yes all the deafults are with lowell.2 of the the accounts have the same default date is that weird?thanks for your speedy response.

Comment

so sent cca for 2 of the accounts to lowells they sighned for them on the 16th.received this today.what next?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by josh1234 View Post
          so sent cca for 2 of the accounts to lowells they sighned for them on the 16th.received this today.what next?
          That's a fairly standard response from a debt purchaser, they don't get the agreements when they buy debts so they have to go back to the original lender for the documents, which they may or may not be able to find. :typing:

Meanwhile, they are in default of your request and the account is unenforceable till they send something compliant, which, given these are catalogue debts, is very unlikely. :flypig::flypig::flypig:

Comment

would you recomend sending account in dispute letters?thanks for the speedy reply

Comment

Originally posted by josh1234 View Post
              would you recomend sending account in dispute letters?thanks for the speedy reply
              I would wait till you get any payment demands, threats, etc. They have acknowledged your request and told you they need more time, that doesn't require a response for now. :thumb:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X