• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest letter before action - please help me!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest letter before action - please help me!

Hi,

I owe t mobile £95 and I have just received a letter which was titled "letter before action". They are are threatening to take me to court and have bailiffs come and visit my house.

I feel so depressed, actually suicidal.

Is this a scare tactic they use or are they actually going to take me to court?

Someone please help me as I'm so worried, thanks!
    Tags: None

Re: Capquest letter before action - please help me!

Hello Razza and

Please don't let that piece of A4 paper get to you. Post up some more details about the history of the £95 and let's see if we can help

Comment

Hi PlanB thanks for the warm welcome.

I took out a contract with TMOBILE about 4 or 5 months ago but as the company I was working for went bust I couldn't afford to pay the monthly bills. I have been looking very hard for employment but I am getting no where at the minute.

I have received the letter today but on the letter it says that if I don't make arrangements by the 15th (yesterday) they might issue court proceedings against me!

Comment

Originally posted by razza View Post
        Hi,

I owe t mobile £95 and I have just received a letter which was titled "letter before action". They are are threatening to take me to court and have bailiffs come and visit my house.

I feel so depressed, actually suicidal.

Is this a scare tactic they use or are they actually going to take me to court?

Someone please help me as I'm so worried, thanks!
        Hi Razza

Given the sum claimed, it's not very likely they will go to court for that amount. Not impossible but unlikely, given they would have to pay at least £25 to the court to make a claim. It's a lot more likely they are trying to scare you into paying, precisely because it's much easier (and cheaper) to send out threats. :rant:

*IF* (and this is a big IF) they were going to take you to court, you would receive a claim form and would have the opportunity to defend or settle before going to court. They can't send bailiffs out without a court order, and for that purpose, they'd have to go to court and obtain judgment in their favour (a CCJ), then they'd have to go back to the court and apply for a Warrant of Execution before they could send bailiffs out, so you can see how unlikely that's to happen! :flypig::flypig::flypig:

What they could send is debt collectors or field agents, not very likely given the amounts involved here, but even if they did, they are NOT bailiffs, nor do they have any right to be at your property.

You really have nothing to worry about, I'm over £15k in debt and haven't been taken to court or had anyone visit me in over three years. That should help you put things into perspective.

Please don't allow those bullies to scare you! If you are sure you owe this money you could sort out a repayment arrangement with the mobile company, can you afford anything?

Comment

Hi FlamingParot thanks for your most helpful reply. That's calmed me down a bit. At the moment I can't afford to pay them anything. I received the letter today but it said I had to make a payment by the 15th which is yesterday! How can these companies get away with such tactics? As its my dads house I'm living in can they send bailiffs and take property from his house just because I live there?

Comment

Originally posted by razza View Post
            Hi FlamingParot thanks for your most helpful reply. That's calmed me down a bit. At the moment I can't afford to pay them anything. I received the letter today but it said I had to make a payment by the 15th which is yesterday! How can these companies get away with such tactics? As its my dads house I'm living in can they send bailiffs and take property from his house just because I live there?
            No, they can't send bailiffs to ANY house without a court order, and they can't just go get one, see my post above:
            Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
            They can't send bailiffs out without a court order, and for that purpose, they'd have to go to court and obtain judgment in their favour (a CCJ), then they'd have to go back to the court and apply for a Warrant of Execution before they could send bailiffs out, so you can see how unlikely that's to happen!

What they could send is debt collectors or field agents, not very likely given the amounts involved here, but even if they did, they are NOT bailiffs, nor do they have any right to be at your property.

Comment

Have you managed to get T-Mobile to agree to cancel your contract and/or return the handset so the bill doesn't get any bigger?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                Have you managed to get T-Mobile to agree to cancel your contract and/or return the handset so the bill doesn't get any bigger?
                Excellent advice there.
                Capquest say "MAY' and 'Might' a lot in their letters. They like to frighten people. Please don't let them for the sake of a £95 debt. Worst case, you can set up a payment arrangement at £1 per month.
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I agree with Flamingparrot i owe 60 k to about 10 creditors none have chased me for it for nearly 4 years dont worry they wont do much apart from threats for a long time

Comment

I would make a payment - I'd pay them £1.00. If this is all you can really afford, then they will accept it. While sending the payment of £1.00 I would ask for ALL charges and interest to be frozen on the account as you are suffering severe financial hardship (use those words).

They are likely to come back with a form asking for your Income and Expenditure. DO NOT fill it in, post back up here, and if I don't see it, pm me!

Comment

Capquest are soliciting your comments. Please tell their CEO what you think. This is what she so emotionally requests on their website :

"We are changing how we do business.

We want to know how you think we are doing. If you have any thoughts or feedback, our CEO, Helen Ashton wants to hear from you.
                      Email Helen: helen@capquest.co.uk"

Please make an effort to tell Helen baby what you think.

Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad View Post

Capquest are soliciting your comments. Please tell their CEO what you think. This is what she so emotionally requests on their website :

"We are changing how we do business.

We want to know how you think we are doing. If you have any thoughts or feedback, our CEO, Helen Ashton wants to hear from you.
                        Email Helen: helen@capquest.co.uk"

Please make an effort to tell Helen baby what you think.
                        What I think about Crapquest could make their server, and the whole of the world wide web, crash! msl: msl: msl:

Comment

Then why not do it? The more reason people that email, the better. They phone people and email 10 times a day, we should all do it back.
                          Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X