• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance

Hi I have a secure loan with Welcome Finance which has been going for about 8 years. After being off work ill and not in receipt of wages due to long term health issue I was unable to pay last month I arranged to increase monthly payment by £50 starting this month and gave debit card details for the payment to be taken followed by monthly direct debits unfortunately last week I lost my debit card shortly followed by my husbands debit card being blocked due to fraudulent activity on his account which left us in a bit of a mess. I tried to explain this to the account manager at Welcome today but they were having none of it I asked for their sort code and account number to make a direct bank transfer this morning that was refused I was told to draw the money out of my account and ask a friend or family member for their debit card details to pay this after putting the money in their account. We have now been threatened with legal action and a deduction of earnings order can they do this the payment went through to them after lengthy arguing to get their bank details etc, I always thought that due to data protection you can't use another person's debit card over the phone without their verbal permission, I was told to ask my son to text me his card details to make the payment because he was in work. This whole situation has completely stressed me out there were two advisors and both using bullying and threatening tactics are they allowed to legally do this and can they now take us to court in view of the fact that the payment was finally transferred before close of business which if they hadn't refused this morning it would have gone through at 10.30 am not 5 pm.
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome Finance

Originally posted by doylie64 View Post
    Hi I have a secure loan with Welcome Finance which has been going for about 8 years. After being off work ill and not in receipt of wages due to long term health issue I was unable to pay last month I arranged to increase monthly payment by £50 starting this month and gave debit card details for the payment to be taken followed by monthly direct debits unfortunately last week I lost my debit card shortly followed by my husbands debit card being blocked due to fraudulent activity on his account which left us in a bit of a mess. I tried to explain this to the account manager at Welcome today but they were having none of it I asked for their sort code and account number to make a direct bank transfer this morning that was refused I was told to draw the money out of my account and ask a friend or family member for their debit card details to pay this after putting the money in their account. We have now been threatened with legal action and a deduction of earnings order can they do this the payment went through to them after lengthy arguing to get their bank details etc, I always thought that due to data protection you can't use another person's debit card over the phone without their verbal permission, I was told to ask my son to text me his card details to make the payment because he was in work. This whole situation has completely stressed me out there were two advisors and both using bullying and threatening tactics are they allowed to legally do this and can they now take us to court in view of the fact that the payment was finally transferred before close of business which if they hadn't refused this morning it would have gone through at 10.30 am not 5 pm.
    They are just being bullies! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

You are saying the payment has gone through, they can't take you to court for a debt you have paid. :nono:

To be able to get an attachment of earnings order, they will need to obtain a CCJ first, then go back to the court to apply for the attachment - they are talking rubbish with the purpose of intimidating you. :rant:

As this is a secured loan, you will have to maintain payments because they could apply for a possession order if you don't, however, it would take a lot more than just a delay of a day or two to get to that stage. If you've made the payment and have proof, they can't take legal action against you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X