• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marlin Financial Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Financial Services

My old Egg loan has been passed pillar to post to several DCAs and new owners. CapQuest, Arrow, Wescit and now an oufit called ME III Limited with DCAs called Marlin Financial Services (same address and from I can tell, same company).

Anyone had any dealings with them and what I may expect from this latest clump of bottom feeders?
    Tags: None

Re: Marlin Financial Services

I haven't dealt with them yet but I'm expecting them to trace me any second now because I've got a bad Egg I haven't paid since Jan 2010 and, from other people's experiences, I know they are quite good at tracing people, so I've read up on the subject. They can get trigger happy and send court papers, would you care to give us a bit of history on this? Did you send a CCA request and, if so, what did you get in response? That should be a good starting point.

Comment

I'll be paying them, just wondered what I will be dealing with. I guess each DCA its passed to gets murkier and murkier the lower down the sewer the debt gets passed. I've always paid this debt but it keeps getting sold on and each time it does I get grief off the new owner. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

They are chasing me for an old Egg a/c but slithered back under the stone when asked for proof. I dont really need any proof as I know the debt is Stat Barred 2 times over

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
          I'll be paying them, just wondered what I will be dealing with. I guess each DCA its passed to gets murkier and murkier the lower down the sewer the debt gets passed. I've always paid this debt but it keeps getting sold on and each time it does I get grief off the new owner. Thanks for the heads up.
          Are you saying you're paying this on a DMP and are still making payments? So you never asked for a copy of your CCA?

Comment

Did you not see the Channel4 dispatches programme on Marlin? "Under cover debt collector" I think it was called?

Typical DCA, but can get a bit litigious at times on some accounts.

Would really help to know what the status of the account is? Presume that there must be somethign wrong for it to be passed on so much? PPI? CCA? Charges?

Comment

Sorry for the thread hijack but my case is so similar I hope you don't mind say if so and I will happily start a fresh one!After a "moral issue" with Ll**yds crdit card I decided to not pay them,they as a background they ruined my pension,ruined my mortgage,ripped me off with life cover which I sued for and won £8k ,they were nasty with rate fixing dodgy dealing and other stuff,sending "fake" solicitor letters etc etc, so after they took £5000 from my current account in 2008 instead of £500 against this card bill ( in the process ruining a holiday of a lifetime in Brasil and also causing a cheque for a car to bounce) they blatantly denied it right up to court luckily my friendly Barclays manager sent me a screen shot of the transaction id without this I had no evidence, anyway I as I say stopped paying and took them to the banking ombudsman (I have a case number) where the case was awarded in my favour however I did not accept the paltry offer of compensation so we had an empasse,Ive had an odd letter but made no contact in this regard,today I have had the threatening letter for the now 11k from Marlin debt collectors preceded by a letter from LL**yds advising they had sold the debt but I should still contact them in regard of any account issues,I have not replied or responded what shall I do in way of reply? or should I wait for something legal I have also a change of address yet to be advised? Many thanks G

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X