• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Under attack from Lowells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under attack from Lowells

Can someone please help me as I am at the end of my thether, this has been going on for years and it seems to be escalating.
    Tags: None

Re: Under attack from Lowells

to LegalBeales,,,I'm sure plenty of folk will be along to help you,,just a bit early yet .

Comment

could you give an outline of problem? then the correct people will assist you !

Comment

In 2004 I opened an account with Fashion World I never signed anything it was done over the phone, evrything was fine until 2008 I noticed they were charging me £14 a month Peace of Mind Plan I asked and was basiclly told you had to have it with the account, I then went long term sick in 2010 and contacted them and was told this did'nt cover me?? so I argued the toss and told them to take me off it or I would go to a solicitor as they had taken money without my written consent , they said I must have told them verbally over the phone I know I did'nt and told them this. I owed them about £650 and told them to take the money they had from me on Peace of Mind plan about £500 + and I would pay them the remaining £100 which I did, I did'nt hear anymore until 2011Reliable collections started calling me at home and work saying I owed them £1609 I wrote to them asking for the signed copy of my credit agreement sent a £1 postal order, again I did'nt hear from then again, enter Fredrickson nastier then the one before, harassement, phones at home and work, this was begininning of 2012 I wrote to them asking for the signed copy of my agreement with £1 po, I got a letter saying they were looking into it, I heard no more until the end of January enter Lowell I started getting recorded message on my work phone, emails @work, then home, they alternated so I wrote to them about the signed copy and the harrasment, I got aletter to say they would look into it and apologised for the harassemnt, less than 2 days later I got a really nasty threatening letter followed by a we are lookin into your compliant letter. Last week I got a letter fro Fashion World telling me they were under no obligation to give me a signed copy and sent me a reconstituted copy with no signature, name spelt wrong, sent on 9/4 received 16/04/2013, then 2 days later got a letter from Lowells telling me the same sending a different recontituted copy, telling me they had no more obligations to provide me with anything, they did include a statemnt of account which has the first 2 years missing? list sales and delivery transactions, interest payments, adminstration charges, payments made by myself but no sign of the 6 years of POMP payments! they also said they have defaulted my account which confused me as Fashion told me they did this 3 years ago , can they defualt you twice, Please help as this is making me ill.

Comment

right sure the peeps on here with that area knowledge be along soon.

Comment

Reclaim the payments for the missold "Peace Of Mind Plan".

£14 x 12 x 6 = £ 1008

Comment

Would a SAR to Fashion world reveal that the payment of £14 per month was a PPI payment it then can be reclaimed with interest ignoring these threatograms and calls until this comes

Comment

This "Peace of Mind Plan" sounds too much like Payment Protection Insurance under another guise. If you did not agree to or request it, then the charges for it are, IMHO, unlawful. It is futile Fashion World claiming, "You must have requested it." Yeah. The onus is on THEM to prove you requested it, not you. You need to put Fashion World AND Lowells on strict proof of the debt. Also, what Lowells have told you about agreements is not entirely correct. There are other LB members who are more au fait with this area of debt than I am. My main area is Criminal Law. Having read through your timeline of events, my gut-feeling is that both Fashion World and Lowells are withholding information, which is a criminal offence in certain circumstances. Let the debt experts look in and give their opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cosmic Connection View Post
                  This "Peace of Mind Plan" sounds too much like Payment Protection Insurance under another guise. If you did not agree to or request it, then the charges for it are, IMHO, unlawful. It is futile Fashion World claiming, "You must have requested it." Yeah. The onus is on THEM to prove you requested it, not you.
                  They also stated that it was compulsory.

Comment

So if you started this agreement over the phone, did you ever sign anything?

If not, what is the reconstituted agreement meant to show? It could never have had a signature in the first place?

Please could you anonymise and scan up copies of the 'agreement', any T&C's they may have sent, also a copy of the default notice you received in 2009/10. (Please try and find this because it is quite useful as it could be flawed)

At present, they are just harassing you? What are they threatening to do? Do you own your own home? (v imp Q)
                    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

From what I have seen, Fashion World were not in the habit of getting people to sign agreements before sending out the goods. Most of their recons are so badly put together, a nursery school kid with a pair of scissors and glue could do much better. It is very likely you never signed any agreement and they are just making one up. As Cel suggested, it would be interesting to see what they come up with.

Comment

I do own my own home, well me and my husband who has nothing to do with this, apart from the fact we are married, I have never signed anything for Fashion World or any of the other companie harrasing me on their behalf. They never sent me a default notice they just stated it in one of their numerous threatening letters, Lowells have'nt issued on either they just said the same in their latest letter. This is making me ill with worry

Comment

You mentioned that the statement of account had two years missing. A statement of account that fulfills a CCA request need only be the current balance so not exactly a statement. If they get it wrong however that is the maximum they can claim.

As far as the recon agreement , when my wife dies I did write to her creditors asking for proof of debt and JDW sent me the most stupid thing possible, it was her name and address on a set of T&C's . The address though was the address she had lived at for less than a year.
                          Remember there is a big difference on old accounts between what is required fro a CCA request and what is needed to enforce

Comment

Originally posted by Under attack View Post
                            This is making me ill with worry
                            And you're losing weight?

Look on the bright side - it's only money and, if you've lost weight, you'll not need to use a "plus sizes" catalogue. :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by Under attack View Post
                              I do own my own home, well me and my husband who has nothing to do with this, apart from the fact we are married, I have never signed anything for Fashion World or any of the other companie harrasing me on their behalf. They never sent me a default notice they just stated it in one of their numerous threatening letters, Lowells have'nt issued on either they just said the same in their latest letter. This is making me ill with worry
                              Try not to worry (and ignore Clever Clogs's comments :grin. They can't enforce if there was never an agreement signed by you. The DN should have been sent by Fashion World a few months after you stopped making your contractual payments, not by Lowell who bought the debt after you defaulted. Cel recently won a case against Lowlife Leeds Losers Lowell :cheer2:where they'd issued a SD despite not having the required documents. Lowlifes also had costs awarded against them. :wof: ::high5: I'd post a link but the thread is in the VIP area and you wouldn't be able to access without subscribing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X