• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell -warning from personal experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell -warning from personal experience

this has probably been mentioned many times in advice areas but this is one from bitter personal experience
    shouluff big ld you ever contact these idiots by phone (following as much advice from others as you can)ALWAYS ALWAYS record the call
    I had a debt which i held my hands up to and wanted to get it paid so when the kind "account controller" offered me a healthy discount if i set up my repayment plan that day i took it, only after a few months i got a statement of the account which showed all my payments but no discount
    I contacted them and explained what had happened and that i wanted the discount applied, to which the operator laughed , she kindly explained it was a common trick used when handlers wanted to hit targets and not to expect a discount to ever be applied , also should i wish to complain to send them a copy of the call "i" had recorded, she then laughed again and told said "you haven't recorded it have you?", when i told her their system states "they "record calls for training purposes she replied only a few .

So please if you deal with them record the call and call their bluff big time
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell -warning from personal experience

What you describe above happens quite a lot, and not just when dealing with Lowell! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: It happened to me with a small debt, it was either Moorcrap or Aktive Crapital who sent me a letter offering me to settle an alleged £150 something debt for £50 something. This was before I discovered these forums, so I picked up the phone and made a debit card payment. Later on I started receiving letters claiming I had 'dishonoured' the agreement and asking for the balance. I ignored them and they eventually went away.

There are many reasons not to communicate with creditors and DCAs over the phone, this is one example. All communication should be in writing so there's no room for lies and misunderstandings. I know a case where the debtor set up a repayment arrangement over the phone in 2000, when he was told interest would be frozen. 12 years, they were hit with a statement showing £22k outstanding!!! :scared: Due to interest being added all those years! :rant: :rant:

Comment

And I thought not much shocked me these days ..........:jaw:

Comment

So Lowells are liars...

In other news, the Pope has admitted to being a life-long Catholic and a bear has been seen crapping near a wood.

Film at eleven...

Comment

I think you'll find Ruby was not shocked to find out Lowell are liars, but by the fact that someone would have spent 12 years making payments after being told interest would be frozen, only to be confronted with a statement for £22k! :scared:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X