• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A Word of Warning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Word of Warning

Hi all
    Thought I would just share this one with you
    After Capquest were chasing me for a debt I have with Monument for about 6 months having ignored there threats and letters ( I carried on paying Monument ) I recieved a letter from Monument stating even though I had been paying them Capquest had taken over my account and they had been forwarding my payments onto Capquest and would I now send all my payments to Capquest direct
    With the help of Labman on here he suggested I withheld my payments to Monument until they could tell my why they had been forwarding my payments for 18 months without telling me
    Fast track 6 months to today after complaining every month to Monument requesting they fill me in with who is collecting on my debt (got CARS chasing it too ) they finally wrote stating the account has never been passed to capquest they do not deal with them and if I have any correspondence stating they have authorised collection by Capquest could I forward the letters to them.
    Well this shows Capquest in the true light of cobbling together false letters apparently Cars should be collecting but I have not paid anyone for 6 months and they have stopped chasing me
    So my question is who really is collecting payments on this account now and what would happen if I did forward all the phoney letters from Capquest it would be nice to come out winning on this one please any suggestions as to my next move
    Tags: None

Re: A Word of Warning

What you have highlighted, Winner, is serious. It sounds very much that CapQuest has fabricated a letter, purporting it to be from Monument, whose revelation speaks volumes. I would be inclined to report this to Trading Standards and OFT Credit Fitness Team first thing on Monday. Do not enter into any further correspondence with any of them until you have spoken to Trading Standards and OFT Credit Fitness Team.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by winner12 View Post
      Fast track 6 months to today after complaining every month to Monument requesting they fill me in with who is collecting on my debt (got CARS chasing it too ) they finally wrote stating the account has never been passed to capquest they do not deal with them and if I have any correspondence stating they have authorised collection by Capquest could I forward the letters to them.
      What address and other details did that version of Crapquest use?

Were they, in fact, the Crapquest known and reviled by so many or another bunch of spivs using the same name and a list of people paying Monument?

Comment

Hi Bluebottle and Cleverclogs
        I`m going to sift through all the correspondence I have received from Capquest over this weekend its probably the most underhand thing I have dealt with to date usual threats but I think this one takes the mick (sorry Mick)

Comment

Like I said earlier in this thread, Winner, going by you have said, what CapQuest has done is serious. You must report this to OFT and TS first thing Monday morning.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thanks Bluebottle will do

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X