• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CapQuest / DVSL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CapQuest / DVSL

Hi All,

I just wanted some advice if possible, regarding a debt CapQuest purchased from 'Littlewoods' - I've never denied owing the money nor have I ever said I wouldn't pay back as much as I possibly could. However CapQuest just seem so unreasonable and very rude.

CapQuest called me and confirmed a few details and I said I was willing to setup a payment plan with them, they asked how much I could afford. I said that the absolute maximum would be £25 per month, to which I was told "Can't you afford more than that", I was then asked if I could make a payment immediately to which I said I couldn't as it was a few weeks away from payday and I was skint. The very rude lady said "So how are you going to live and eat for the rest of the month" - this I find absolutely unnecessary and made me feel like absolute ****!

I told her that the comment was very rude and asked for her name, which she refused. She then said that it would take x number of years to repay the debt at £25 per month and that it was not enough. I ended up putting the phone down as I was getting really angry at this stage. Especially as I explained that I was struggling financially and that I actually offered what I see as a reasonable amount of money per month.

A few weeks went past with no communication from them, I was then at work and received an internal call from the receptionist who said she had a company called 'DVSL' on the phone, I took the call and they asked me if the address they have is correct, to which I stated it was, then they tried to get me to give my mobile number and allsorts of other information just to tell me what the call was regarding, all she could tell me was that they had a letter to send to me. Looking online it appears these guys are associated to CapQuest. Since then I have received numerous calls to my work by CapQuest asking to speak to me, I've taken the calls a few times and stated that I cannot afford more than I have said before. They keep ringing my work, it is extremely embarrassing.

Is there anything I can do to first stop the phone calls to my work? Calls to my mobile I can deal with but not at my place of work!

Also, what do I do about the amount I offered, do I have to increase it, is £25 a month reasonable to you guys?

Any help would be greatly welcomed.
    Tags: None

Re: CapQuest / DVSL

Originally posted by Codey View Post
    I just wanted some advice if possible, regarding a debt CapQuest purchased from 'Littlewoods' - I've never denied owing the money nor have I ever said I wouldn't pay back as much as I possibly could. However CapQuest just seem so unreasonable and very rude.
    Although rudeness and arrogance is instilled in those jerks during their training, one might suspect that they use their abrasive manner to stop people asking any questions about the alleged debts they are trying to collect.

As the original creditor was Littlewoods and as their paperwork was a shambles at best, it's a pound to a pinch of pigeon poo that they won't even be able to cobble together a reconstituted agreement - and, if they can't, it cannot be enforced.

A few weeks went past with no communication from them, I was then at work and received an internal call from the receptionist who said she had a company called 'DVSL' on the phone, I took the call and they asked me if the address they have is correct, to which I stated it was, then they tried to get me to give my mobile number and all sorts of other information just to tell me what the call was regarding, all she could tell me was that they had a letter to send to me.
    As you will have learned, they are also trained to tell lies.

Looking online it appears these guys are associated to CapQuest. Since then I have received numerous calls to my work by CapQuest asking to speak to me, I've taken the calls a few times and stated that I cannot afford more than I have said before. They keep ringing my work, it is extremely embarrassing.
    Tell work to refuse such calls.

Is there anything I can do to first stop the phone calls to my work?
    Yes.

Tell them to stop it; if they don't, complain to Trading Standards.

Harassment of debtors is a criminal offence.

Also, what do I do about the amount I offered, do I have to increase it, is £25 a month reasonable to you guys?
    If £25 per month, or year, or decade is all you can reasonably afford, then don't even think of increasing it.

They'll not thank you and you'll only suffer for no reason.

Comment

You shouldn't really talk to those idiots on the phone at all! They are low IQ monkeys trained to intimidate and bully. In any case, any agreement you reach should be in writing. You should send them a letter requesting communication in writing only:

Dear Sirs

Account No.

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received at my place of work, which I deem to be personally harassing. I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only. I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 as well as Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of s.127 of the Communications Act (2003) and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you may be liable to a substantial fine and/or other sanctions as they see fit. Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company may be recorded and used in evidence and I expect this harassment to cease immediately.

Yours faithfully,
      You say this is a Littlewoods catalog, a lot of catalogue debts are unenforceable because the catalog company didn't require a signed agreement to exist before sending out the goods. You may consider sending Crapquest a CCA request:

Dear Sirs,

Account/Ref No:

With reference to the above agreement, I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of this credit agreement and a full breakdown of the account including any interest or charges applied.

A signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement that you allege exists.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 [sections 77-79], I am entitled to receive a copy of any credit agreement and a statement of account on request.

I enclose a payment of £1 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and believe a copy of any credit agreement, along with a statement of account, should be supplied within 12 working days.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with the request for a copy of the agreement and statement of account under these sections of the Act.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Your name.
      The above letter should be sent Recorded Delivery with a PO for £1 and signed digitally without using your real signature. They have 14 days to respond or the account becomes unenforceable. :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
        You shouldn't really talk to those idiots on the phone at all! They are low IQ monkeys trained to intimidate and bully. In any case, any agreement you reach should be in writing. You should send them a letter requesting communication in writing only:

You say this is a Littlewoods catalog, a lot of catalogue debts are unenforceable because the catalog company didn't require a signed agreement to exist before sending out the goods. You may consider sending Crapquest a CCA request:

The above letter should be sent Recorded Delivery with a PO for £1 and signed digitally without using your real signature. They have 14 days to respond or the account becomes unenforceable. :grin:
        Thanks ever so much, I will send the 2nd letter straight away, I've never bought a PO before, what do you me to digitally sign it ?

Cheers

Comment

Thanks ever so much, I will send the 2nd letter straight away, I've never bought a PO before, what do you me to digitally sign it ?
          Only the recipient signs a postal order.

Remember to cross it by drawing two oblique lines over it as one would cross a cheque.
          Write between the oblique lines "account payee only".

Comment

An excellent font for digital signatures is JohnLennon - link

If you put the text of your letter in black and your digital signature in blue, using a larger point size, there is a fair chance that the dolts would think you'd signed it by hand.

I hope this helps.

CleverClogs

Comment

Cheers
              I meant the letter, POs are not signed. You could also send a cheque to cover the £1 fee, the idea with a PO is to avoid using your real signature anywhere, although it is also possible to sign a cheque with a scribble that's not like your real signature.

Signing digitally merely means using a computer font as opposed to a real signature. The idea is to stop your signature being copied and pasted onto a document you didn't sign, just to be on the safe side. :grin:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X