• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank responded to CCA request with a single page

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank responded to CCA request with a single page

Hi,

I have written a CCA request for two loans and received just one back for a CC from 2002, but it was a very faded photocopy on a single page and just printed standard Ts&Cs behind it. Is this acceptable?

Also the other loan hasn't replied to the CCA or the failure to comply to CCA request. Should I send the "indispute" letter or just leave it and not remind them?

Thank you for any advice, it's appreciated!

D
    Tags: None

Re: Bank responded to CCA request with a single page

Hi Dingle
    For the first one, it sounds wrong to me but does it have your name and address, their name and address as well as something about being regulated by the consumer credit act? Have they sent a signed balance or statement of account? You could scan it, take out your personal details and post it, not sure if that is ok here

For the 2nd one I would not send them a reminder

Labman is away at the moment but will be back over the weekend

Comment

Was he photocopy one of he original application, and did it include your signature by any chance ? If the T and C's are from around the same time, this would meet he requirements of section 78'

The mater of if they could use them to enforce would depend on if they could show that they were within the same document on execution, but that would be a section 61 issue.

They should of course have complied with the other request by now so you could send a reminder, failure to respond to a request is not sufficient reason to put an account into dispute I am afraid, unless there is some other reason why you question the validity of their claim.

Comment

Gravytrain
        I am sure that non compliance with a S78 request means they can not enforce. Of course that can be rectified at any point if they produce a compliant CCA .

On the other one did you get a set of T&C's from inception and current along with a signed statement of account. If not they have not complied with your S78 request

Comment

Jon, we know, the question is what makes a compliant response.

Comment

Since when was a credit card issued as the result of applying for a loan?

Comment

I take it this thread also relates to the same issue. Would probably be better to get them merged into one. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...714#post325714

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
                Jon, we know, the question is what makes a compliant response.
                Sorry I was getting confused but i know D1ingle is quite new here. I know he has credit cards as well, sorry cloggy.
                No one can really say if it is compliant without seeing it hence some of the questions but I realise now that some of them were barking up the wrong tree

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X