• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Swinton Insurance and Regal Credit Consultants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swinton Insurance and Regal Credit Consultants

Last year my husband took out a car iinsurance policy with swinton insurance online after using one of the compare sites. he paid the initial deposit over the phone and shortly after the paperwork came in the post. Then we received a letter asking us for proof of no claims which we sent to them by return. A few days later we had a phone call from them and we told them we had sent it a few days before and also gave them the name of the insurance company we used to be with. . Then a couple of weeks went by and we had another letter from them requesting proof of no claims so my husband rang them up and told them we had sent it and they said oh yes we do have it sorry the letter must have crossed in the post. Another two weeks and we had a cancellation notice from them as we had not provided proof of no claims!! We rang them back and they denied telling us they had received the no claims and said than they could not change the cancellation but they could re insure us ......but it was double the price of the original insurance we had taken out. They said if we took that insurance out they would waive the cancellation fee of £40 odd pounds . In the meantime i had looked on the internet and found us a much cheaper quote which we took and told swinton no thank you. Then we got a letter saying if we didnt pay the cancellation fee which was now suddenly £90+ they would take it from the debit card we had paid the deposit with. Luckily my husband had changed his debit card as the chip bit was damaged so they could not do that. Now i dont mind paying the original £40 but no way should we have to pay £90+ . Anyway they then passed the "debt" to Regal Credit Consultants who have been ringing daily on both our land line and mobile. My husband works nights so is normally sleeping when they call which i have explained to them daily and suggested they ring in the afternoon before he goes to work. On more than one occasions they have asked me to go and wake him up......which of course i am not going to do. Today i told them to stop calling as we will only be communicating by letter and got a very rude response . I am not sure where to go from here . Has anyone else had similar problems with Swinton ?
    Tags: None

Re: Swinton Insurance and Regal Credit Consultants

Initiate their internal complaints procedure by writing a formal letter of complaint. Make it clear that you will escalate outside the company if necessary. Don't forget to include the conduct of their DCA goons in the complaint -they are vicariously liable for the actions of their agents.

Do not deal with them over the telephone, or by email. Everything in writing and by Recorded Delivery.

If they tried to take the money via the debit card, it would be theft. This is a civil dispute - they have to sue you. They can't just help themselves.

Never, ever give these people a valid telephone number.

Comment

I have no experience with Swinton but I certainly do with Regal. A year ago they sent me a forest of letters that looked like 70s photocopies on very cheap paper. I always refer to them as Bagshot Bums. I wrote back saying the account was in dispute with the OC, they then unleashed Scotcall who were after my doorstep, another letter and they were off for good, in fact, after that lot, I haven't heard a peep about that account for over a year! :grin: Despite the 'posh' name, Regal are at the very bottom of the DCA Food chain.

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
        Initiate their internal complaints procedure by writing a formal letter of complaint. Make it clear that you will escalate outside the company if necessary. Don't forget to include the conduct of their DCA goons in the complaint -they are vicariously liable for the actions of their agents.

Do not deal with them over the telephone, or by email. Everything in writing and by Recorded Delivery.

If they tried to take the money via the debit card, it would be theft. This is a civil dispute - they have to sue you. They can't just help themselves.

Never, ever give these people a valid telephone number.
        The offence in the circumstances you describe, Enquirer, would be Fraud by False Misrepresentation. Theft is a completely different offence.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X