• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

court date yesterday for house repossession, how do i know outcome??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• court date yesterday for house repossession, how do i know outcome??

A court hearing took place regarding the repossession of my home yesterday (26th February) which i didnt attend. How will I know what the outcome was?? Im presuming repossession order would of been granted, i am moving out this weekend into rented accommodation. Im guessing I will be given some notice to leave the premises but Im just wondering how i will be notified? Living in fear that someones going to knock on the door telling me I need to leave RIGHT NOW! Will I receive something in post giving me dates etc?? any help much appreciated!
    Tags: None

Re: court date yesterday for house repossession, how do i know outcome??

The court will send the possession order in the post to your current address in about five days time. You will have been given at least 14 days before the lender can apply for an Eviction Warrant which will usually give you 5 days notice of any bailiff coming round. I would ring the court and ask to speak to the bailiffs' office to see if a date has been set. Believe it or not they are usually helpful Always explain if you have any children living in the property or if anyone is old or sick. Here's some reassuring info:

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...y_the_bailiffs

There were more answers on your other thread but maybe they were too late Here they are anyway:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...801#post320801

If it was me I wouldn't be in any hurry to give anyone your forwarding address when you finally pack up and go :wink: And I would take everything with you, and I mean everything. Most lenders expect to find the property has been stripped of all carpets, light-switches, fire places, kitchen cupboards, bathroom suites etc. These are your possessions and you're entitled to them - you can always sell them quickly to a dealer with a pick-up truck or put them on ebay

Can you name and shame the lender who's done this to you ?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      And I would take everything with you, and I mean everything. Most lenders expect to find the property has been stripped of all carpets, light-switches, fire places, kitchen cupboards, bathroom suites etc. These are your possessions and you're entitled to them - you can always sell them quickly to a dealer with a pick-up truck or put them on ebay
      How about any floor boards he has fitted?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        How about any floor boards he has fitted?
        Absolutely, door handles, garden plants the lot. The OP went BR 8 months ago so it may be best to dispose of these items on a COD basis, although it's hard to see what the OR would want with a rose bush :grin:

Normally a mortgage lender can chase you for up to 12 years for any loan shortfall after the property has been sold following repossession, but I presume that won't be the case with BR. That's the reason why I suggest stripping everything out of the house because it doesn't matter if it sells for zippo at auction.

Comment

Sell the slates off your roof and any lead flashings!

And don't forget the boiler, radiators and all the copper piping!

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            BR. That's the reason why I suggest stripping everything out of the house because it doesn't matter if it sells for zippo at auction.
            LOL :faint2:

Comment

Originally posted by IanM View Post

Indeed. In fact it adds a whole new meaning to the expression "Garage Sale" on the assumption the OP has a garage :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Laurieloo2 View Post
                Im presuming repossession order would of been granted
                Repossession order.... :biggrin1:....mebbe should add that to my list...

Comment

Wouldn't recommend stripping a house if it's a rented property......

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                    Of course not, you would be giving the landlord reason not to return your deposit. But the OP's house is being repossessed by the lender, a Financial in$titution. Such outfits are directly or indirectly responsible for so much misery and grief including lots of bankruptcies, repossessions, business failures and loss of income caused by the global financial cri$i$ caused by them! :mad2: :mad2: They deserve nothing better than a shell to auction off. :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                      Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                      Of course not,
                      Indeed.

If it was rented, one would open all the windows and scatter bread-crumbs inside, to encourage pigeons to roost. One might also leave bits of meat or a dead fish or two under the floorboards, where they will add to the ambience.

Comment

As long as the OP has gone into bankruptcy then there's protection from the lender who has at the present time a contingent debt (one that needs the sale of the property to become a fixed sum). So the lender can't chase for any shortfall and has to swallow any losses on sale. If you're bankrupt the lender cannot come after you for any shortfall on sale.
                        That said, phone the court to find out what order was made. The usual is for possession in 28 days, and the lender will apply for a warrant of eviction some time after that. There's usually no rush about these matters - when it happened to me, the possession order was made in October but the eviction wasn't until February. You can live rent and mortgage free in your own property until you are evicted, but most people tend to leave a few days before the bailiff comes. You get lots of notice, so don't be too hasty to move out, and if you have other accommodation sorted already you can take your time moving - you certainly don't have to do it all in one day.
                        There is life after repossession (and bankruptcy!), so don't get too down about things - take care of yourself and don't let the *******s grind you down.

Comment

When the bailiffs come to take possession remove the front door their pea brains will not know where to pin the notice they will have to go back to the court for advice

Comment

Can I really do all that? Strip the floors etc? and wold peole really buy this on ebay or where could i find a dealer?? From a house clearance tpe of business?? There is laminate wood flooring in livingroom, kitchen and upstairs bedroom, the carpets are naff to be fair. but the light fixings are all stuff i bought and installed as ironically when i bought the proprty 5 years ago it was a repossession and was in a terrible state! We had to clear out the previous owners belongings! I dont want to get in trouble with my official receiver over doing any of this.......

Comment

Originally posted by IanM View Post

are you serious about this? i wouldnt know where to start with the boiler plus its about 25 years old!! lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X