• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome Finance Issues

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
    Not sure if it is right but check to see if you have a proper assignment letter.
    Can you remind me when you last paid anything to Welcome.
    Our letters from them last year had the same Nottingham address but were headed " Makenzie Hall Collect" the one we got last month ( just a so called statement ) was back to Welcome Finance, I did notice that yours had a different header.
    I sure I read somewhere that this is illegal but no one said if this was right.
    All in all a bit of a mess for you please can some one else look, I dont have enough knowledge to tell KK what to do.
    I never received any letters from WELCOME informing me that the debt had been sold on, the last time I paid WELCOME was FEB 2013, I wrote to CABOT on 23rd April 2014 with a new CCA and they have been unable to reply, This has dragged on 16 months now and is beginning to wear me down.

Comment

Hope some one with more knowledge comes and helps.
      They seem determined to wear us down.
      Try and stay strong xx
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Does anyone have a template letter for claiming back the charges that I could use.

Comment

:bump: Does any one now where op can find this

Comment

:bump:

Comment

Hi, just a update again.

It seems that CABOT are also unable to obtain the original credit agreement from WELCOME as I have heard nothing from them since I sent the request in April, What do I do now ?????

Also I have drafted a letter to welcome to claim the charges back on my account, I was just wondering how long do I give them to respond to the request (not that I'm holding my breath)

Comment

What letter have you drafted? If its a LBA then you need to give at least 14 days for response.

Comment

So I have finally heard from WELCOME regarding the charges applied to my account, it seems that I am unable to claim the real charges back as WELCOME entered into "THE SCHEME".

It also appears that I had 3 accounts now and not the 2 accounts they first claimed, This is a right mess, think it's time to give up fighting them as they have failed to comply with a SAR request in time, unable to produce the original CCA, and sold a account that was in dispute to CABOT.

Comment

Don't think they ever returned any real money, just unreal in that when they did they just deducted it off accounts be they "existing" or not.
                    They now seem to be using this "scheme" excuse which dates back, from my understanding, to when they actually went belly up and any " creditors" had to express an interest before a certain date and if they didn't they were not eligible.
                    I wonder if any one did get anything at all, be intresting to find out.

:tinysmile_aha_t::noidea:
                    Last edited by dogtired; 4th August 2014, 01:04:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Re: Welcome Finance Issues

received a cheque today from WELCOME for £10.80 in regards to unfair charges on my account

Comment

Don't spend it all at once!
                        Seriously are they for real add a few zeros on that I would think.

Comment

Don't spend it all at once!
                          Seriously are they for real add a few zeros on that I would think.
                          Could you have a look at the spreadsheets for me Dogtired and advise please
                          Attached Files

Comment

Will look Kikikat, cannot quarantee I will know the answers!
                            Wont display on this device, was never any good at maths, will look later on PC.

Comment

Even with my maths the charges come to over a tenner!
                              Will try and pm Flaming Parrot who is much better at this sort of thing than I am!

Comment

Even with my maths the charges come to over a tenner!
                                Will try and pm Flaming Parrot who is much better at this sort of thing than I am!
                                I think FP has winged it off to sunnier climes, DT x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X