• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fraud

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraud

Hello,

I am looking for some advice please?

I've been having a hard time with two companies, Cabot Financial and Motormile Finance.

I've been disputing debt with both of these companies who insist that I owe them money. I regularly check my credit file at www.checkmyfile.com and didn't notice anything.

I received hard copies of my credit file from all three CRBs today and there were some discrepancies which have now resulted in my name being registered with CIFAS.

My name appears at several different addresses and part of my d.o.b. (The year is different), someone has been trying to apply for credit. I've registered the complaint through the police (they put me onto the Fraud guys) and I've been given a crime reference number.

I am still being pursued by the two companies, although I've given them all the details and the crime reference number - Is there anything else that I can do?

All of the other companies have conducted their investigation and removed the entries from my file but the above 2 won't - any advice?

Thanks,

Derek
    Tags: None

Re: Fraud

Originally posted by deeky81 View Post
    Hello,

I am looking for some advice please?

I've been having a hard time with two companies, Cabot Financial and Motormile Finance.

I've been disputing debt with both of these companies who insist that I owe them money. I regularly check my credit file at www.checkmyfile.com and didn't notice anything.

I received hard copies of my credit file from all three CRBs today and there were some discrepancies which have now resulted in my name being registered with CIFAS.

My name appears at several different addresses and part of my d.o.b. (The year is different), someone has been trying to apply for credit. I've registered the complaint through the police (they put me onto the Fraud guys) and I've been given a crime reference number.

I am still being pursued by the two companies, although I've given them all the details and the crime reference number - Is there anything else that I can do?

All of the other companies have conducted their investigation and removed the entries from my file but the above 2 won't - any advice?

Thanks,

Derek
    HI Derek,

In my unqualifid opinion you can issue proceedings for unlawful harrassment and under the Libel act for defamation...there are much more able people on the forum who can advise and assist than I am, but I thinkyou have good cause to act and pursue them

Sparkie

Comment

Re: Fraud

Cabot and Motormile are two companies who are under the delusion the law doesn't apply to them and they can do whatever they like without fear of reprisals. Wrong. They are subject to the law the same as everyone else. It sounds like you have been the victim of identity theft and both Cabot and Motormile need to acknowledge this and stop behaving like the morons that they are.

Have you send them a "Prove It" letter yet? If not, something like this should be sufficient -

[Name and Address
      of DCA]

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref.: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I refer to your correspondence dated [date(s) of all and any correspondence from DCA] concerning an alleged debt that I have no knowledge of, have no association with and am not liable for in any way.

You have already been notified that this matter has been reported to the police and you are still persisting in claiming to have a right to pursue me for it.

You are put on notice that you have seven (7) calendar days from your receipt of this letter in which to provide substantial evidence that proves, beyond all doubt, that I am liable for the alleged debt.

You are further put on notice that any further demands or claims will be regarded as harassment, within the meaning of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, and steps taken to legally-restrain you and your client. Furthermore, despite previous requests for you to remove the [description of entries on your credit file] on my credit file held by [name/names of CRAs involved], you have failed to do so.

I am seriously-minded to make a formal complaint against your company to the OFT's Credit Fitness Team and shall do so if this matter is not resolved to my complete satisfaction within the seven-day timescale stipulated above.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxxxxxx

I would send this to the CEO of each DCA.

Let us know how you get on. Should you get any further hassle from them, come back onto this thread.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X