• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome financial services - 6 mths missed payments for years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome financial services - 6 mths missed payments for years

Hi guys just a quick update regarding Welcome finance. I am still awaiting SAR should be within the next week or so.

I received a statement of account from them today so i rang them i'm a little bit concerned because apparently in February they received a request for a cca from a company called claims id online. Which welcome provided them with. apparently they received a letter of authorization from me, that claims id provided them with. This is deffo fraud as i have never dealt with this company before or any company ..

Advice would be greatly appreciated

Mike

Comment

Got my " statement" as well today, did you have yet another address heading? The last few were "Makenzie Hall Collections"
      This has " Holding Seasoning & SRT Set" on it who the heck are they?!
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Yeah mine was mkenzie. Why does no one ever reply on this no more. Kinda wondering if theres gonna b anypoint possting the sar when i het it.

Comment

sorry mike I do post if someone else does but there a few welcome threads!
          strange that the address heading has changed on mine not going to get in touch to ask what the heck they are playing at though!
          Please post up your sdar when you get it but check and double check it would not put anything past them.

Comment

Hi, hope you can advise?

I took out a loan in March 2004 to purchase a car through Welcome Finance and was told by them at the time, that I could not have a loan unless I took out PPI.

Although the loan was for £6000, with repayment over 48 months and with interest and PPI it meant that I would have to pay back over £12000? The repayments were £251 per month by Direct Debit. As I found it hard getting credit, and desperately needed a car, I accepted and signed the relevant paperwork.

All was well, but in April 2006 (2 years into the contract period), I decided to cancel the PPI. I sent Welcome a letter explaining that as with immediate effect, I would like to cancel my PPI payments as was my right to do so, and that as from that month, I would deduct the amount of my monthly PPI from the total monthly repayment.

I never received confirmation either by phone or in writing. April's payment went out of my bank, but the PPI payment was still taken too. I called welcome finance and was held in a never ending queue until eventually I got through to a guy called Chris Simmons who, to be fair, was a nice chap and quite helpful. He told me to carry on paying the full £251 each month and that way the loan would be paid off earlier, to which I agreed.

However, I never did receive any confirmation from Welcome about this arrangement. I wrote to them asking for written confirmation of this, but heard nothing back.

Approx 18 months later, I was doing my sums, and worked out that with the PPI cancelled but the repayments remaining the same, that my loan would be paid off in a short while and that if their sums agreed with mine, could they confirm this in writing. Again I heard nothing.

I made my final payments according to my calculations and cancelled any further payment via my banks DD. I never had any contact from them to argue against my decision to stop any further payments, so assumed all was done and dusted.

Approx 2 years later, I received a letter from Welcome stating that I still owed £1600? I immediately wrote to them with a breakdown of my repayments and my calculations as to what I had owed and what I had repaid, which added up to the correct figure when taking in to account the cancellation of my PPI.

They again never bothered to acknowledge my letter in writing and just kept sending final notice letters until they decided to send in the debt collectors. These were very threatening on the phone by keep leaving messages that my debt with Welcome was now their debt and that I must pay up immediately or basically face the consequences. I wrote to this company along with copies of the letters I had previously sent to Welcome and explained that, according to my calculations, I owed neither Welcome or themselves a penny and that they should sell their worthless debt back to Welcome.

This went on for quite some time until, I think, they realised they were getting nothing from me and sold the 'debt' on to Mackenzie Hall. Well, these are like a bunch of rottweilers with their never ending calls and threats over a period of about a year. Never once would I answer a call from them but I did write to them explaining what had happened and that I wanted them to send me proof of the outstanding 'debt'. They did send me a copy of the payments I had made to Welcome and the dates, but there was no knowledge of the cancellation letter of the PPI that I had sent to Welcome. I wrote to them again explaining this and that I was more than happy to go to court if this was what they wanted to do as I owed no money to anybody.

They also have now sold the 'debt' on Buchanan Clark and Wells who are now chasing me for this fictitious outstanding alleged 'debt'. Can you suggest what I should do, and how do I stand legally?

I thank you for any advice in advance and would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks

Jazzinald

Comment

Sadly, this happens very often, you agree something over the phone, you have no proof of the agreement reached and the other side denies any knowledge :mad2: I know a case where the debtor had the creditor's agreement to freeze interest over the phone 12 years ago, they kept making the agreed payments and, 12 years later, they were told the outstanding balance was £22k :scared: because interest was added all along! :rant: :rant: That's why everything should be done in writing, despite creditors' and DCAs' emphasis on telephone communication.

You may want to look at this other Welcome car finance thread: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...997#post335997

Send Welcome a SAR as noted on that post, so you can get the full picture with regards to payments you made and PPI charged. Are BCW writing to you or just ringing you? Don't ring them and don't answer their calls, if you do, refuse to go through security and hang up!

Comment

Hi Guys

I have finally had the SAR. mostly contract agreements, But have put a copy of the stuff that may be relevant let me know what you think.

Thanks Guys

Mike

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2f6f14c4.jpg
                http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/...ps806af944.jpg
                http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/...pscf0f99f5.jpg
                http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6e072bfb.jpg
                http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0b904b21.jpg
                http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/...ps45138745.jpg

Comment

Looks typical Welcome to my inexperianced eye!
                  I notice that your address headng on no 2 on your list has Epingham P4 Seasoning on it, what are they doing my last "statement" has Holding Seasoning and SRT Set on it just what are they up to?

Comment

Lol. Not even sure what that means.

Comment

Nope no idea myself does any one know what this bunch are up too? Do they know themselves?!

Comment

After some digging it is possible it is yet another DCA:

Comment

Hi Mike, sorry I have been on holiday and have had a lot on my plate since getting back. Have you had any of those default fees refunded? There seem an awful lot of them and at the interest rate they have been charging you (criminal!) it would wipe any balance and possibly leave you with a cheque in your back pocket too. PPI should be reclaimed.

To my unexperienced eye it looks like they owe you money and not the other way around. Maybe speak to the DCA and appoint them to chase the debt WF owe you

In all seriousness though I would write back to WF and chase a refund of those fees, with compound interest and PPI payments, don't give up at the first hurdle they are not likely to just roll over without a fight.

Comment

On second thoughts, they may already have refunded some/all charges reflected in the reduced balance when you challenged them. Mike you may be stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one I'm afraid. Ignore them and get the account SB'd then claim the PPI? Someone with more experience on claiming PPI in such circumstances would be better to advice you than me.

What you received is not the most comprehensive DSAR I have ever seen, however it is not a bad one for WF they have a reputation for very sloppy administration and paperwork. I take it you did not receive a transcript of telephone conversations?

Comment

Thanks Ruby.

Yeah i got a transcript of calls. One thing that stands out right away is them chargin £10 per call. It says £5 within contract. Even this seems high.

I have already claimed the PPI. Its shown towards the end of the statement 1500 ish. Theres also roughly 750. To come off it for older ppi claims.

Its hard to believe i borrowed 2k. Ive already paid incl ppi roughly 3.5k and they still want. 4k plus.

Cant really wait for the default to fall off as the cheeky bleeders left it at 6mths missed payments from 2007 - with no contact from me untill 2012. Then defaulted it in june 2012 roughly 5 years after no payment.

Frustrating

Mike

Comment

I would be very tempted to go down the route of getting a refund of the charges. I noticed an awful lot of them in what you posted up and at the interest rate they were charging you that should equate to a fair bit! As I mentioned earlier though, how did they explain to you why they were reducing the overall balance when you initially challenged them? Could that have been on the back of them refunding you the charges then?

There is no denying they have been naughty in not defaulting you sooner. Perhaps writing and asking them why they didn't would be helpful.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X