• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Brain Picking on Mental Health

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain Picking on Mental Health

Hi
    I am working with people with mental health issues and debt. We are quite busy. I have all the legislation etc.....and the MALG guidelines. I am obsessed and studying for my IMA certificate and also with the ILEX chartered executive.

My aim is to help people re-build their lives after they have been through the worst. I work with people with long term mental health such as PSTD and Personality disorders. I am a counselor as well and my aim is to help them move forward.

Like most people there is debt and budgets, some of my clients were in such a bad way when they got into debt and are trying to rebuild bridges.

As a credit file affects everything, my question is.......

Does anyone know how clients who have been disadvantaged and their credit history has suffered to have their files updated. I know that it is down to the individual companies to remove or amend the entry. Does anyone know how to go about this.

I am aware that under MALG some accept payments and some write the debt off. My aim is to help people to deal with the simple things in life, such as buying a washing machine on credit, moving house because rental is under the realm of credit searching now.

Is it a case of pleading to the individual companies and explaining the situation. Does the full and final settlement with a condition to adjust the credit file work. I know the credit file reflects a true record of the account, but surely if a person was so unwell that they were unable to cope with life, let alone finances, surely there is something that can be done. This is quite unique and even the diagnostics of condition can highlight this. Can we use the mental capacity act, FOS guidelines or equality act. When I have approached creditors they say that they don't ask medical questions.

People with mental health really need a boost sometimes and I get scared that their recovery can be blighted by a credit report. I know people abuse credit, but these cases are different, they mostly have a diagnosis that most of us would run a mile from.

I have looked into all types of OFT guidelines an there is only so much I can do. I give my time for free, and I see the damage a computer system record can do, common sense is gone .

I am searching and trying to find help for people. The credit check especially Experian is used for everything, surely there must be something that will allow people who are recovering to have amendments if credit or debt occurred because of mental health.

I would love any help or support, we all know people who have been crippled by mental health.

Please get your thinking caps on, your good deed for the day..
    Tags: None

Re: Brain Picking on Mental Health

One thing you should do is advise them to avoid Brighthouse at all costs. They are a thorough evil bunch.

Btw, good to see you're working towards becoming an ILEX Chartered Executive. Hope you succeed.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X