• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Should debt collection agencies send statements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should debt collection agencies send statements

Hi I recently posted a new thread about Wescot credit services and an old debt that they have been collecting from my husband on behalf of the Legal services commission. He had forgot all about this debt as it was a standing order set up 13 years ago for fifteen pound per month. He recently rang Wescot to ask for details and how many payments have been made so far as he did not have any paper work on this debt. They refused to speak with him on the phone and told him he wasn't on the system. He requested that they send him some information to his home address but nothing came. He then wrote to them to request information and nothing came so the only option left, he cancelled the standing order and funny enough he got phone call after phone call and a letter saying pay up. He wrote to them saying that he was disgusted that he has never received a single statement from them and that he would like a copy of the credit agreement. They have sent a letter back stating that they are not the creditor for the account and that he needs to request the paperwork from the Legal service commission they have also totally ignored his question about the fact they never got back to him after requesting information/statement from them. What I would like to know who is responsible for letting him know what payments have been made up to date etc does the credit collection agency or the legal services commission have to send you statements especially after 13 years of regular monthly payments. Are they allowed to keep taking payments and never send any information of what has been paid up to date and what is still owed. As this debt is so old I feel for all my husband knows they could be sticking any old charges on it without his knowledge. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Should debt collection agencies send statements

You could send a SAR (Subject Access Request) requesting copies of statements as noted here ---> http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public...formation.aspx

Comment

I guess it's your right to request for the information or like breakdown of your payment and the remaining due amount so you will be aware regarding your payment transaction. Please check this link - https://www.staffingdebt.com/. Hope this would help.

Comment

Originally posted by clariss View Post
        I guess it's your right to request for the information or like breakdown of your payment and the remaining due amount so you will be aware regarding your payment transaction. Please check this link - https://www.staffingdebt.com/. Hope this would help.
        very old thread from 2013

Comment

They are allowed to keep taking payments but you have the right to asked for the copy of information. Check Back Door Hire Solutions.
          Back Door Hire Solutions was developed to track lost recruitment fees. It targets candidates that recruiters lost track in the recruiting process.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X