• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Welcome Finance needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Welcome Finance needed

Okay, here we go....

Back in 2006 we had a secured loan from Welcome Finance. In 2007 I asked for a personal loan to purchase a new car but was talked into refinancing the secured loan.

Over the last 3 1/2 years we (my husband and I) have had episodes of bad luck with regards employment/personal tragedy which has meant we have had episodes of reduced income therefore reduced monthly payments due to employment issues, thus accruing arrears and excessive interest charges etc. The sudden death of mother-in-law in 2009 has taken its toll on my husband, who has been on a downward spiral since resulting in him having a breakdown about five weeks ago (he is now receiving medical help). My husband had resigned from his job 6 weeks ago because he just couldn't cope anymore.

I spoke to Welcome Finance a month ago explained the situation and they agreed to take a reduced payment of £100 as a good will gesture and asked me to forward all of my bank statements etc for the last 2 months and due to the reason behind me not being able to pay the full amount they wanted me to ask our GP to complete a Debt and Mental Health Evidence form.

The last month has taken its toll on all of us and I hadn't been able to forward the requested documentation. Tonight I had heated discussions with a representative from Welcome. He questioned the account history and why we had gotten into arrears previously? His manner made me feel like we were liars and cheats.

He quoted incorrect information that had been documented on my account with regards to employment statuses. Then demanded I send my bank statements to him via email by 9am tomorrow. When I said it would be easier for me to print a list of DD's and copy my payslips he said that was not acceptable!! When I explained that it had been acceptable previously, he said that he managed my account now and that the previous account manager no longer worked for the company and my local office had been shut down due to poor management (the account is now dealt with in Milton Keynes). He said he needed my statements to be able to do an income and expenditure. I said I could do this and forward it to him, again he said this was not acceptable. In the end I agreed and told him that he had worn me down!! I ended the call in tears!! The man was so rude!!

I am now more determined than ever to pursue my charges/extortionate interest charges etc but just don't know where to start.
    I purchased a copy of the title deeds to find that there are two registered Proprietor charges which are correct.

Then there is the third21.11.2006) Charge dated 23 October 2006 in favour of Progressive Financial Services Limited.

What I don't understand is why it isn't listed as Welcome Finance as this is who we believed we took the secured loan out with and why is it listed differently to the other 'registered charges' ie just a charge and not a registered charge. Is there any difference.

I appologise if this seems a bit jumbled but I really needed to get this off my chest :tinysmile_cry_t:

Can anyone shed any light on my dilemma?

Thank you in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Help with Welcome Finance needed

(the account is now dealt with in Milton Keynes)

you need to confirm that you were talking to welcome

what phone number did you phone or did they call you

this smells of a debt collecting agency called MKRR OR RAVEN RECOVERIES WHO ARE BASED IN MILTON KEYNES

welcome sold alot of their accounts off to this lot

Progressive Financial Services Limited were what welcome were called before they changed their name to welcome financial services

Comment

REALLY??
      The only number I have for them is 01908376978 and he did give me an email address for wfs.co.uk?
      At one point during our conversation I told him that I didn't want to deal with him over the phone anymore and that we would only communicate via letter. This really got him angry and he told me that he was within his rights to contact me up to 9 times a day via phone albeit at my home, mobile or work!

Thinking about it, he really does fit the dca profile

Comment

did you phone them or did they phone you

Comment

They called me every time. Any suggestions on how I can deal with them?

Comment

Your Street
            Town
            City
            Postcode

DATE HERE
            Company Name
            Road
            Town
            City / County
            Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of yelephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further yelephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Data Protection Compliance Manager
              Welcome Financial Services
              KINGSTON HOUSE
              CENTRE 27 BUSINESS PARK
              WOODHEAD ROAD
              BIRSTALL
              BATLEY
              WF17 9TD

REMEMBER THE £10 POSTAL ORDER AND SEND RECORDED DELIVERY

GOOD HUNTING

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998
              Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to my business with yourselves.
              Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my business with you.
              The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not linited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

I require all information on details of all insurance products supplied by welcome financial services. This is to include the statement of means, statement of price, details of all insurance premium tax paid, and underwriting sheets.
              If mortage indemnity insurance has been added to the agreement, i require all details on who this premium was paid to, and who underwrites this insurance.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

If you intend to send a reconstituted copy of an agreement you must declare the reason why it has been reconstituted and if the original exists, the type of filing system or archive the originals are stored on.

If it is the case that any of the requested documents can not be supplied because they have been destroyed,please indicate;

1.The date the document (s) was/were destroyed.

2.The method used for destruction.

3.The position of the individual/individuals tasked with destruction.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interest
              charges which you have levied on them.
              As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this sunject access request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

***dont forget not to sign, send £10 postal order, send recorded, keep proof of postage***

Comment

Thank you for that, I appreciate your help. I will send a copy off.

Comment

Once you get back the subject access request, we can then start reclaming all those charges and micky mouse insurance crap such as ppi etc

me and welcome are old,old,old friends

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X