• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell and Orange and the Dro (bit of a large post)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell and Orange and the Dro (bit of a large post)

Hello,
    before I get into the meat of my issue with Lowells, I would just like to thank all of the forum members here, who's posts have given me the much needed backbone to shout back at Lowells.

22/10/12
    I recived the standard leter from Lowells telling me they had purchased a debt from Orange on 07/09/12.
    The letter went on to tell me not to contact Orange about this but to only correspond to Lowells.
    As an ex railyway pay clerk I tend to read the whole pice of paper not just the shouty bits.
    I noticed with some bemusement that the Orange contact number given was a mobile and after a moments dialing the fax number didnt exist, hmm.
    Further I was a little taken aback by the bold statement that "It is essential that all future payments, correspondence or queries regarding this account be directed to Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd quoting a reference number".
    On page one of the attached "statement" there was an awefull lot of waffle about contracts, termination fees and how I was and evil debtor. It also went on to say that Orange had registered a non-payment on my credit file. Which is a complete fabrication.
    Page two had a quite frankly hilarious breakdonw of the charges that I owed. Upon reading the invoce and statement it would appear that Lowells are attempting to charge me for burdensome task of invoicing me, while trying to mask it as a purchased debt.

Now this letter is standard stuff for debts owed I agree but I have just successfully completed a DRO in wich Orange and the mentioned debt were named. Odd indeed.
    After a call to the National Debt Line (lovely people). I was reassured that Lowells could take a hike.
    So a trip to my local Cafe and a use of the phone later I was talking to a really nice guy called Calum. He completely refused to talk to me about this matter unless, I gave him all sorts of personal details. Now I did say no to all of that and got his line manager. A completely odious person called James. Who informed me that I had to pay or there would be issues I would have to deal with. Now I see why all the advice on here says DONT call them, I really should listen.
    So after all of this I did the intelligent thing and called Orange. They denied all knowledge of the debt's existance and the line manager Terry, informed me of his complete lack of trust in Lowells. Loverly I thought a person with brains.

23/10/12
    I have downloaded ammended and posted a frankly brilliant letter by a forum member called Militant. I await the reply from Lowells with a big grin.
    If you have any more things that I should do/say/write please let me know.
    Once again thank you all for you intelligent advice and morale boosting posts.

For others in the same position the Orange number to call is 0844 8444 722
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell and Orange and the Dro (bit of a large post)

From my experience with Orange, I would say they are pretty much on the ball. If you hear anymore, which I doubt as orange to tell you the date (use thes words, it will freak them out) of the FDT showing cancellations.

that basically means the date you asked to disconnect.

Ask was it a confirmed port (if yes- lowells can go fudge) or a complete cease, and were term fees added?

As long as Orange say you are ok, dont listen to Lowels!

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpycat View Post
      Hello,
      before I get into the meat of my issue with Lowells, I would just like to thank all of the forum members here, who's posts have given me the much needed backbone to shout back at Lowells.

22/10/12
      I recived the standard leter from Lowells telling me they had purchased a debt from Orange on 07/09/12.
      The letter went on to tell me not to contact Orange about this but to only correspond to Lowells.
      As an ex railyway pay clerk I tend to read the whole pice of paper not just the shouty bits.
      I noticed with some bemusement that the Orange contact number given was a mobile and after a moments dialing the fax number didnt exist, hmm.
      Further I was a little taken aback by the bold statement that "It is essential that all future payments, correspondence or queries regarding this account be directed to Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd quoting a reference number".
      On page one of the attached "statement" there was an awefull lot of waffle about contracts, termination fees and how I was and evil debtor. It also went on to say that Orange had registered a non-payment on my credit file. Which is a complete fabrication.
      Page two had a quite frankly hilarious breakdonw of the charges that I owed. Upon reading the invoce and statement it would appear that Lowells are attempting to charge me for burdensome task of invoicing me, while trying to mask it as a purchased debt.

Now this letter is standard stuff for debts owed I agree but I have just successfully completed a DRO in wich Orange and the mentioned debt were named. Odd indeed.
      After a call to the National Debt Line (lovely people). I was reassured that Lowells could take a hike.
      So a trip to my local Cafe and a use of the phone later I was talking to a really nice guy called Calum. He completely refused to talk to me about this matter unless, I gave him all sorts of personal details. Now I did say no to all of that and got his line manager. A completely odious person called James. Who informed me that I had to pay or there would be issues I would have to deal with. Now I see why all the advice on here says DONT call them, I really should listen.
      So after all of this I did the intelligent thing and called Orange. They denied all knowledge of the debt's existance and the line manager Terry, informed me of his complete lack of trust in Lowells. Loverly I thought a person with brains.

23/10/12
      I have downloaded ammended and posted a frankly brilliant letter by a forum member called Militant. I await the reply from Lowells with a big grin.
      If you have any more things that I should do/say/write please let me know.
      Once again thank you all for you intelligent advice and morale boosting posts.

For others in the same position the Orange number to call is 0844 8444 722
      Hello,

I have recieved the same letter as yourself demanding over £500 which i find unbelievable as i too have never had an Orange contract!!!!!

Have contacted the National Debt Line on your advice (and agree, lovely people) which were of great use and am waiting for info from them in the post.

Please could you give me the link to the letter you sent from the forum member Militant as i cannot seem to find it?

Have checked my Credit report and all looks good but Lowell have checked also, twice for some reason!

My only concern is that the Orange phone number written above takes you to a company called RED which when i asked if this is Orange, they replied this is Lowell Financial services!!!! so a little concerned there as you can imagine!
      Last edited by loyeee; 31st October 2012, 10:14:AM.

Comment

Hi there yes you are completely correct about that number. Stupidly I posted it before I called it many apologies for that.
        Apparently RED or Lowell scum have many different ways of trying to get your details.
        http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/su.../contacting-us
        the above has most if not all of Orange's contact numbers have a look through and pick one, dont get put of just try and plow through till you get a human being. Then explain the situation. I would suggest you dont mention Lowells by name as the idiot I talked to almost collapsed when I told him Lowells were trying to colect a debt in thier name but it was spent.
        Just to warn you that in about 5 days they will use an automated system to call asking if you live at that number. It will call once per day usually around lunch time. dont press keys just cancle the call or let it goto the answer machine.

On the subject of the leter I did not bookmark the thread but I got there by following the admin posts about basic letters. But I belive the jist of it is

Originally Posted by Prove I'm The Debtor Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Just remember Lowells are scum they treat you as they treat themselves.
        Use 141 before thier number and dont give any details if you call them, just say you have recived a letter from the address.
        You are not confirming any details because if they have them and you know them allready then you dont need to talk about that.
        Ask if they have a copy of the CCA they will say they cant answer that you ask for thier address they give it, you post a letter saying prove it, they cant = win.
        Sorry for the abbreviated typing style but grandchildren are spilling food on the keyboard!

Comment

Ok thanks for 4 all that info, specially about the phone calls to expect.

Having never owned or had a mobile contract with Orange, they will not get nothing out of me!! Like you say, scum through and through.

The helpfull women at the National Dept Line seems to know all about then and say they do not have any legal power at all, she said that there is possibly a dept with somebody with same 1st initial and surname as myself and what Lowells do is contact any body in the UK and try and get anybody to pay the dept, if someone does they are happy, but if more than one person does thats how they make there money!!!!

Comment

Hi guys

Yes I have a friend who got the same two letters. I can assure you 100 per cent Lowell Portfolio sent you the Orange letter and the Lowell Letter. Expect letters from Red Collections, Buchanan & Wells, Hampton Legal, Mackenzie Hall ect to follow. All the same lot. I had the same problem with 3 Mobile and its still ongoing. You will have a default you were never told about with Experian. They will never give you the agreement, the deeds of assignment or any information you ask for to support their claim. They will make you look vexatious because you keep asking for stuff they wont give up. Dont entertain West Yorkshire Trading Standards or CSA. The Director of the CSA is now a Director of Lowell and the emails I saw to West Yorkshire were very chummy. They will just say you complained to both and neither upheld your complaint. They know exactly what Lowell do and turn a blind eye, I have the emails to prove it. OFT and ICO bit slow off the mark maybe one day.

Dont make the same mistake as I did and call them they are not interested in whether you owe the money or not. This site and particularly Miliant is a good source of info. You can have fun asking them to stop calling the number they are calling in relation to the reference, but dont answer the security questions because you should never reveal personal information to someone you have no business with. If you get the begging letters remember you have a choice which chaarities you want to give to.

I have had a three year battle which ended up in the courts last year and I lost the first round for all the assurances that they did not have a leg to stand on. They turned up with a Barister so be careful they are slippy people. I just got unlucky with the Judge who been given made a number of mistakes including hearing a case where the Defendant had not not disclosed eveidence or paid the court fee. The case for Lowell was not even listed. My friend has given me his assignment letter to use in court as it opens some interesting questions for their Compliance Director as I also have the transcript of evidence he gave under oath.
            I feel like I have psychic powers.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X