• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

advice needed before tomorrow please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed before tomorrow please

Re: help and advice needed please
    Hi Please could someone scan over this letter I am going to send the mortgage company to explain my hardship. I have used a template but filled in my relevant info. any feeback would be gratefully recieved before I post tomorrow. many thanks.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing this letter to explain my unfortunate set of circumstances that is causing me to become delinquent on my mortgage. I have done everything in my power to make ends meet but unfortunately I have fallen short and would like you to consider working with me to modify my loan. My number one goal is to keep my home and I would really appreciate the opportunity to do that.

The main reason that caused me to be late is that I am currently on maternity leave and my income is not nearly enough, I fear I am going to fall further and further behind. Now, it’s to the point where I cannot afford to pay It is my full intention to pay what I owe. But at this time I have exhausted all of my income and resources so I am turning to you for help.

Since July 2008 I have managed with mortgage payments on my own, and have not missed a payment up untill now I have worked full time as well as look after 3 children single handedly,Mr J **** walked out on me and his children in july 2008 and has not contributed towards the mortgage whatso ever since.

I am currently seeking help from the Mortgage rescue scheme, as I feel that my situation will continue untill at least March next year when my maternity leave ends, and fear I will fall further and further behind, without help.

I truly hope that you show some forbearance in my time of need and help me out in my unfortunate circumstances at this time.

Sincerely and Respectfully,
    Tags: None

Re: advice needed before tomorrow please

Hi PP. It seems to me that you are a very strong person who has been clearly making a sterling effort to hold things together since 2008, and you deserve max credit for that. You now also have the guts to look at the situation for what it is - instead of burying your head in the sand - and you are now about to contact the lender to put them in the picture and ask for some consideration in return.

You deserve such consideration, I believe, and your letter seems to back this up. My only suggestion would be that you try and give the lender some hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel - even if you cannot yet see it yourself. They still have to deal with cold hard monetary facts, and need hope as much as you do if they are going to be able to justify any assistance they give you. You don't have to make any false promises - just try and think positive, and give them a good reason be positive, too.

Hopefully, by March 2013 the Mortgage Rescue Scheme will have bailed you out and enabled both the lender and yourself to avoid all the nastiness of repossession. You deserve credit for trying to organise that - so take that credit. Sure - it means that your original dream of owning your own home outright may not materialize - but it does mean that you can continue to live in your family home.

If you are renting your home and on a low income, then you may well be entitled to Housing Benefit, as well as Council Tax Benefit. FWIW, I know this from my own meagre experience.

It's a good letter, PP, from a good person, I reckon.

Comment

I suggest you make an income and expenditure sheet and attach it to the letter, they will ask you for that anyway.
      The other thing is you really didn't need to start a new thread, all that was needed was to type BUMP in the next box and your thread would have jumped to the top of the pile.

Comment

oh ok sorry about that sapphire, i have only just joined so learning the ropes! Thank you very much for your comments Bill

Comment

The fact that you have explained your situation to your mortgage provider is good. A lot of people are in one hell of a pickle when they get in touch, by which time, it is often too late. Free debt counselling charities, e.g. National Debtline, can often help.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I am sure that if your in employment that you are not entitled to council tax benefit, that is purely for those on income support/jobseekers only....unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by missfoxee View Post
              I am sure that if your in employment that you are not entitled to council tax benefit, that is purely for those on income support/jobseekers only....unfortunately
              Speak to your local authority. There is a raft of benefits that provide you with a passport to CT and Housing Benefits. Income-based ESA is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by xprettypeachx View Post
                oh ok sorry about that sapphire, i have only just joined so learning the ropes! Thank you very much for your comments Bill

Don't worry about it hunny, I was more concerned about you wasting your time starting new threads.

For what its worth, I think you're doing the best thing, being honest and upfront about your situation to the mortgage company is far, far better than just sitting back waiting for them to come to you.
                Like I said above though, make sure you enclose an income and expenditure sheet so that they can see your financial situation straight away, rather than having to write back and you reply and so on.

Next question.... are the childrens fathers paying any support at all too you ?

Comment

HI yes the childrens father is paying maintenace through csa. I have at the moment sent a letter to the mortgage company,purchased a comp of the land registry, I am still waiting for the mortgage rescue scheme to get back to me, its been a nightmare trying to get hold of them. I am also going to see a solicitor this afternoon. Fingers crossed im heading in the right direction and trying not to let it stress me too much, I know its going to be a bumpy ride but I can only do my best.Thank you all for your help and advice, its great to know I have somewhere to turn. x

Comment

The fact you have contacted your mortgage provider at an early stage and not waited for it to get to a stage where it is beyond redemption is to your credit. I wish you every success in getting the matter sorted.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X