• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA/Credite experto

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA/Credite experto

wonder if anyone can advise i have recieved a debt letter from credite experto about a MBNA credit card bill which was paid 2 years ago and have heard nothing until now sent credite experto a copy of bank statement proving the payment, they have now stated that the statement is not good enough they need a letter from the bank can they do this, my problem is the cc was not paid from my bank.

Thanks
    Last edited by dawney66; 14th August 2012, 19:46:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: MBNA/Credite experto

BUMPED for advice.

Comment

BUMP.
      Unanswered for 24hours. apologies for delays in replying to you Dawnie.

Comment

It is for them to prove that YOu owe them anything. You do not have to prove that you DON'T owe them moeny.

Comment

Hi Dawney. I concur with Springer (dare I ever do otherwise ? !!! )

If this is of use, then email it and/or snail-mail it to 'em. It has stood me in good stead over the years, and leaves the ball in their court to prove the alleged debt or go forth and do their business elsewhere. It's not technically correct, but since when did that seem to matter with these DCA's ? :tung:

Tailor it to suit yourself, and DO NOT sign it in your usual way - these DCA's have been known to forge signatures. You could use a special font for this - like wot I did.
          Attached Files

Comment

this has been sorted it was stupid question to ask
            Last edited by dawney66; 30th August 2012, 17:47:PM. Reason: know the answer

Comment

I have recieved a email from them today stating that they gave me 14 days to get the bank letter as proof of payment although they have had a copy of the bank statemnet I have informed them that this was not paid from my account and that the account the money came from was closed Jan this year and the payment was made over 2 years ago but they seem to be pushing I want ro write them a letter about the fact that we have never recieved a DN or informed the debt has been sold and they have contacted us 2 years later but not sure of wording of letter can anyone help ???? Thanks in advance or should I just seek legal advice although not in a position to pay legal fees

Comment

Write the letter Bill K suggested, suitably edited to your circumstances, pointing out you require a full statement of account from the original creditor showing how the sum demanded has become payable. Also point out that without proof you will ignore their threats going forward.
                They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X