• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Who will give me good discharge of this debt?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will give me good discharge of this debt?

Debt assigned August 2011 which I challenged with DCA as I have never received formal notification from OC.
    SAR to OC shows that debt has been written off and they are no longer processing my data athough I have continued to send monthly payments to them which have not been returned. Default has been removed from my credit files although still has 3 years to run.

DCA insists that payments towards the CCJ should be paid to them but they do not appear on my credit file and so do not appear to own the debt.

I have requested confirmation from OC that debt has been assigned with no response.

DCA will not provide the Deed of Assignment unless asked to in court as they say it is commercially sensitive.

Advice please
    Tags: None

Re: Who will give me good discharge of this debt?

As Jim Royle would say, "Commercially-sensitive, my arse!" The DCA has a legal obligation to prove they have right and proper title to the debt, if at all. if they don't comply with this obligation, they can't enforce or collect. If the OC has not responded, sent them a "gentle" reminder. As for the DCA, they cannot demand a court order in order for you to see any Deed of Assignment. Incidentally, which DCA is involved, please?
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hello bluebottle,

The dca is dlc and I have sent 3 requests to the OC but they have just ignored my letters. I sent them recorded delivery and they have signed receipt for them.

Comment

Okay Mollie,

What you need to do is report both OC and DCA to the OFT's Credit Fitness Team and your local Trading Standards Department. You can complain to the Credit Fitness Team by email at enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk. Quote the CCA Licence Numbers of both OC and DCA in your complaint.

For your information, the following details apply to DLC -

Direct Legal & Collections
        Buckingham Road
        Brackley
        Northants
        NN13 7DN

Company Reg. No.: 1418063
        CCA Licence No.: 0100058

They are a trading name/subsidiary of Hillesden Securities Ltd

If you can post who the OC is, I'll see if I can obtain the necessary data for them, too.

Comment

Thanks Bluebottle the OC is Black Horse

Comment

Thanks for that, Mollie. It appears Blackhorse is not the OFT or FOS's favourite finance company. In the first six months of 2010, the FOS received 2,136 complaints against Blackhorse. Of these 2,136 complaints, 90% (1,922) were upheld in favour of the customers. They are the 8th most complained about finance company in the UK.

The details you need to make a complaint to the OFT are -

Blackhorse
            Pfs Collections
            St William House
            Tresillian Terrace
            Cardiff
            CF10 5BH

Company Reg. No.: 661204
            CCA Licence No.: 0006886

Comment

Many thanks for your help Bluebottle much appreciated.

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

There seems to be a bit o a misunderstanding here about the difference between the deed of assignment and the notice of assignment. The DCA are correct in saying that the DEED of Assignment is a commercially sensitive document it is the document of sale between the dca and the oc fin which the agree to buy a paecel of debts for so many pennies in the pound.

The notice of assignment is a document which should be served on you in the prescribed manner by the original creditor when they sell the debt on to the pond life.

Comment

Yes just to chip in, also the notice of assignment can come from either party, it does not have to be the OC.

You could request proof of the deed of assignment under CPR or section 35 DPA once they had commenced proceedings. Which is probably what they mean.
                    The Hillisden familly group specialize on pursueing unenforceable debt and rarely litigate by all accounts, they depend on intimidation and harassment.

I would just inform them that you have SAR'd the OC and they have not confirmed the sale of the account, tell them you need an itemeised breakdown of the amount claimed and proof of ownership before you would even consider paying any alleged debt.

All future correspondence in writing only.

D

Also send a CCA request to the DCA

Comment

all I can say is complain, complain, complain this shower should lose thier licence, blubottle is good at this and helping m out too , these lying cheating pile of steaming cow droppings from thier call centre dips to th co are corrupt.
                      sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X