• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

county court papers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: county court papers

Phone Northampton.

What is/was the deadline for your defence ?

M1

Comment

ok..this is the story so far..21st may ..letter of bryan cartes telling me his client arrowe global guernsey ltd have reduced my debt from £5840.00to£4999.00..to helpme pay my debt.....i ignored this letter....30may 2012letter from carter telling me that they have issued litigation proceedings against me.....2nd may ..cout papers from northampton arrive ...i do an aos online on the 6th june ....6th june ..i also write to carter with a cpr 31.14 request giving him 7 days to respond with my request and also forward me with a copy of any such credit agreement.....9th june ...reply of carter asking for a 28 day extension....10 june i reply to carter informing him he must agree to an extension 15.5 and als pointed out to him that he had signed a particulars of claim form which is a statement of truth indicating he agreed with any such agreement......27th june letterfrom carterinforming me his client agrees to the extension of time to file defence.......nothing more heard up to date ..he has failed tosend me the agreement form i asked for ...i have wrote to the court to ask where i stand at thre moment ... any ideas what my next move is? thanks in advance .p

Comment

I'd phone the court for an update and pray he hasn't gone for summary Judgement.

Ideally when he missed the deadline you should have sought the court to compel compliance. Not sure if you still can as it would appear you are too late.

M1

Comment

northampton county court is a joke so take no notice of them, regarding the bailiff well i have said time and time again not to communicate with them.

Comment

i phoned the court .he hastnt asked for judgement yet.whats my next move ...? thanx

Comment

Personally..I would take the 'sit back and take no notice' advice with a huge pinch of salt cos all that will do is leave you worrying your bits off waiting for their next move.I can't advise you,I'm a newby novice too,,but I would recommend you take the steps the you are being guided down,,from what I see of this site you won't be misled or mis advised..Good Luck

Comment

So what was the last date for filing your defence ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                  So what was the last date for filing your defence ?

M1
                  well the court papers arrived 1st of june.....but last letter of carter says his client agrees to a extension of 14 days to submit defence of fourteen days after i received the ageement ..which he hastnt sent me yet???

Comment

He can't do that ! It's the courts timetable not his. The rules allow the parties to agree upto 28 days extension for filing of defence.

If he doesn't have the paperwork then his statement of truth is guesswork and should be dealt with as such.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...art32#IDAULWJC

Of course the more prudent approach may be to inform him that he has signed a statement of truth "without an honest belief in its truth" and inviting proceeding to be withdrawn.

M1

Comment

thanx.....im going to write to the court today and explain all my correspondance wih carter...and also write to him to invite him to withdrawproceedings...am i taking the right path ? thanx piglet

Comment

Writing to the court has little/no consequence unless you make an application.

Writing to Carter might help but you'll need to be persuasive, not just write loads of stuff he is happy to ignore. He is not going to discontinue because he can't be bothered.

M1

Comment

Permission to speak/post

Comment

hi all...just received letter off carter today , it reads as follows ...dear mr xxxxx..we refer to your recent communication.please note we are no longer instructed in connection with this matter and have returned the account to our client............can anyone please advise me exactly what this means and what happens now ....thanx .

Comment

DID YOU EVER GET THE ALLOCATION QUESTIONAIRE

I WOULD NOW BE TEMPTED TO HAVE THE CLAIM THROWN OUT WHILE THE IRON IS HOT

you got £80 spare which you will prob get back

Comment

yes..how do i do that...? do i contact the court directly now and let them kmow what carter has said??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X