• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Any advise welcome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advise welcome

Hi all,
    my first post on here and looking over the threads i think i have been one of the "fools" that just pays his way with DCA`s and shuts up,,but have i done the right thing?

I have a voluntary payment plan with a couple of DCA collectors one being Lowell for a Barklycard account, Now reading on here about other people wanting advise and peoples resonse`s on what to do,,i never once asked any dca etc for proof of the debt,weather they owned them etc, can i know go back and start this over?
    I did go through the CCCs who advised me to pay minimum amounts to these people which i did, £1 to lowells per month,£10 to another etc, all set up from my account via standing order or DD,(i didnt once pass on my bebit card details as they wanted)
    Lowells have know written to me saying they can see on my credit file that i could raise my payments and they have suggested 3 payment plans from £5 to £8 a month or more if i could afford to do so.
    should i start to fight back or is it too late and im trapped in there snare of payback?
    many thanks in advance.
    Lee.
    Tags: None

Re: Any advise welcome

Originally posted by lakeslad View Post
    Lowells have know written to me saying they can see on my credit file that i could raise my payments and they have suggested 3 payment plans from £5 to £8 a month or more if i could afford to do so
    This is complete BS. Lowells cannot evaluate this just from looking at your credit file. Its carefully worded to make you worry and cough up more than you can afford. I have received several of these letters since being on my DMP and each time I have gone back to Lowells telling them that I cannot afford their 'suggested' payments and reminding them of OFT guidelines on asking debtors to pay more than they can reasonably afford.

What are the alleged debts with Lowells for?

Best
    Crispy

Comment

Re: Any advise welcome

passed on default from Barclay card, is there a standard respose quoting the OFT guidlines i can send them?, also should i contact them via email or written letter?
      cheers
      CrispyBacon for the reply

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X