• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Consumer Credit Licence for PDP Management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer Credit Licence for PDP Management

Hi All, I'm trying to find a licence number for a company called PDP Management Services Limited. Nothing on the OFT search so does this mean they don't have one or is there somewhere else to look.

Thanking you.
    Tags: None

Re: Consumer Credit Licence for PDP Management

Here you go - The license number was on the bottom of their website homepage

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0440933
    Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number
    PDP Management Services Limited 3489139

Categories:

Consumer credit
    Consumer hire
    Credit brokerage
    Credit reference agency
    Debt adjusting/counselling
    Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Collect One
    Collections & Recoveries Management
    Credit Results Management
    Job Assist
    Lets Inspect
    PDP Richburns

Trading Name(s) (Historic):

PDP Management Services Group

Issued Date: 04-Feb-1998
    Expiry Date: 19-Feb-2013

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position
    David Baxter Edwards Thomas
    Peter Bran Wilson
    Peter Sandford Gander

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position
    David Baxter Edward Thomas OFFICER
    Mr Peter Brian Wilson OFFICER

Nature of Business:

Other

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address
    Correspondence Blenheim Court, George Street, BANBURY, Oxfordshire, OX16 5BH, United Kingdom
    Principal Place Of Business Blenheim Court, George Street, BANBURY, Oxfordshire, OX16 5BH, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address Type Address
    Correspondence Blenheim Court, George Street, BANBURY, Oxfordshire, OX16 5B, United Kingdom
    Correspondence D R E Thomas Ashley House, UPPer Farm Meadow, Gaydon, Warwickshire, CV35 0HJ
    Correspondence Globe House, Calthorpe Street, Banbury, OX16 8EX
    Correspondence Globe House, Calthorpe Street, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 5EX
    Principal Place Of Business 1st Fl Raebarn House, Northolt Road, South Harrow, Middlesex, HA2 0YJ
    Principal Place Of Business Blenheim Court, 19, George Street, BANBURY, Oxfordshire, OX16 5BH, United Kingdom
    Principal Place Of Business Globe House, Calthorpe Street, Banbury, OX16 8EX
    Principal Place Of Business Globe House, Calthorpe Street, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 5EX
    Principal Place Of Business South Bar House, South Bar, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 9AD
    Registered Office Blenheim Court, George Street, BANBURY, Oxfordshire, OX16 5BH, United Kingdom
    Registered Office Globe House, Calthorpe Street, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 5EX
    Registered Office Studio Cottage 39, Farm Street, Marbury, Warwickshire, CV33 9LS
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Sister in law phoned and told me Santander sent these people round for mortgage arrears.

Santander sent her a letter last week saying they will send one of their agents round and charge, these people turn up unannounced. SIL said 'you're not Santander'. I tried to help by going over to hers and phoning them with her in the room to give consent for me to speak but they won't deal with a third party. Gave her the phone back and she told the guy she would deal directly with Santander, he laughed and said "Good luck with Santander then". Further, I've seen the Santander letter which says the agent will not offer debt counselling, this company said they were offering debt counselling.

Finally, wouldn't you know it - the guy who started this company is ex-Santander collections department and they do subprime loans which they offer for people with debt problems.

Santander play so dirty.

Comment

Hi Shadowcat.

Tell your sister in law to make a formal complaint to Satan-der (Spelt like that on purpose) about this company and the agent. Also send the company a letter revoking them their right to visit your sister in laws property without prior agreed appointment which she has no intention of agreeing to, copying it to Satan-der too.

If your sister in law gave a clear unequivocal verbal statement that she has appointed you to act as her legal representative on dealing with this matter, then they were legally obliged respect her wishes that they deal with the matter via yourselve. It also sounds like they were acting in an harassive nature towards your sister in law and you on the phone which could be a breach of protection from harassment act 1997. Also it is not for Satan-der to decide that your sister in law needs help with her debt and they clearly lied to cover up the fact the whole intention was to force debt counselling on to her against her wishes. If is up to your sister in law if she wants to find debt counselling help or deal with it on her own or not. In fact the best way satan-der could have help your sister in law, would have been to agree to an extention of her mortgage to cover the amount of monthly arrears she owed, or some over repayment agreement. Instead their actions have led to additional stress and anxiety for your sister in law which was totally unnecessary and is nothing short of bully boy tactics disguised as the banks honest and true desire to help, when really they don't give a **** and just want the money regardless.

As for the agent themselves, was he acting as a bailiff or as just a debt collection agent offering debt counselling or additional finance to cover the arrears? Depending on your answer, i tell you what to do to in regards to the agent lol.
        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Thanks Teaboy.

The agent was acting as a pr**t first and foremost but over and above that all he would say is he's here to talk about the mortgage, she said "You are from a debt management company" and he said "No, we're a debt counsellor", to which she said no thanks and would deal with Santander. He was horrible then because he smirked about that when he said "Good luck", I take it that was a veiled threat and Santander are going to turn nasty. He also said they would put a charge of £69 for his visit.

Comment

If they do charge for the visit, tell them the visit was made without prior agreement and therefore no license for this man was granted for him to come on to visit her property and in doing so he committed a tort of trespass. As satan-der where the ones instructing him to do so then they are ultimately liable for the tort of trespass.

That will give them something to think about.

Comment

Did a bit of copying Teaboy - thanks. I've put this together for her, what do you think:

FORMAL COMPLAINTI would like to make a formalcomplaint about the company PDP Management Services Limited who attended myproperty without prior agreement on 9th May 2012.I continue to revoke their right to visit my property at any time withoutprior agreed appointment.When dealing with the above companyI gave them a clear unequivocal verbal statement that a third party presentwould act as my representative on this matter at which time they were legallyobliged to respect my wishes and deal with the matter via my third party and further,the harrassive nature of the phone call [when I was told ‘Good luck withSantander’ which I found unnecessary and stressful] as well as not allowing athird party could be considered a breach of Protection from Harassment Act1997.Further, PDP Management Servicessaid they were a debt counsellor, would it not be for the client to seek debtcounselling and not have it forced upon them against their wishes? Such debt counselling has had no fees givenor agreed at any stage so is therefore offering an unwanted service at anunknown charge. There has been no active orreasonable suggestion from Santander to assist with arrears, no repaymentagreement or mortgage extension or any other assistance and the above company weresent who are not employees of Santander.Finally, should you charge for the above visit, this visit was made withoutprior agreement and therefore no license for this man was granted for him tocome onto the property and in doing so a tort of trespass was committed. As youare responsible for instructing him to attend then you are ultimately liablefor the tort of trespass.

Comment

P.S. It has sentence and para breaks - the above is not the format, just the wording.

Comment

One more point I was thinking about, this company has our details, he was an ex Santander employee. How and why has he obtained these details? I might add that to the letter.

Comment

This:

Please also advise how and why PDPManagement Services has obtained my personal details. I note that PDPManagement Services’ Operations Manager is an ex-Santander Debt Managementemployee, a factor which, at this stressful time, does cause me some concern inrelation to the passing on and obtaining of these personal details.

Comment

Pdp management is a debt factoring outfit
                      they have nothing to do with banks etc

think of an upmarket dca

Comment

So Santander choose to pass details on without authorisation from the mortgagee to a company who has an ex employee in a high profile role.....hhhmmmm....

Comment

Yep add possible breach of the DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 to the Complaint Letter.

Comment

When they get this letter they are going to start a vendetta of spite. What can she do though, they've backed her into a corner.

Comment

If they do turn nasty then it may be worthwhile including in the letter that if they decide to start a vendetta or harressing her that she will deem any preassurisation via phone or by constant written demands and threats as a breach of the protection from harassment act 1997. Also state that she wishes to resolve the matter by either extending the mortgage by the number of months equal to which she is in arrears or by paying slightly more per month to spread out the amount owed in arrears over a number of months so that she can catch up on her mortgage payments. Any refusal of either or any demands of unreasonable added payments per month to pay off the mortgage arrears i.e. more than £100 extra a month, will not be tolerated and will be deemed as unreasonable and unfair under the CPUTR 2008. As a bank you have a legal obligation to act fairly and reasonably and not apply undue preassure on people struggling to catch up on arrears or struggling to keep up repayments, you are obliged to seek out all amicable resolutions with the debtor, and not force your own desired solutions on them against their wishes, like you did by sending a agent from PDP management services, who are a provider of factoring sevices and also provides debt counselling, all without constent of the debtor and in clear contempt as to the debtors wishes and effects it would have on her. E.g. stress, anxiety and undue preassure that does nothing to resolve the matter amicable at all. but is nothing short of pushing it down the debtors throat.

A little forwarning that is strongly worded always makes them think twice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X