• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Signature protection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signature protection

I dont know what the rest of the memebers think but, If you need to send a signed letter to a bank DCA or similar institution then maybe the following thought is of value. Get an ordinary date stamp unused and instaed of getting a regular stamp pad use ultraviolet ink which is invisible to the naked eye. Stamp the date of the signature across where you need to sign . Do this in a pattern showing the date of signature.
    This will allow you to verify the document by shining a black light onto it and wil make photocopyig the sig very difficult as the UV will fluouresce ad modify the sig.
    Thoughts ayone?
    Tags: None

Re: Signature protection

This is an ingenious idea and may well be a way of deterring DCAs, etc., from forging documents and signatures, which is an offence in any case. Have you used this and has it worked?
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Sorry bluebottle, but I've not tried this ; the idea only occurred to me this morning while walking my dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
        Sorry bluebottle, but I've not tried this ; the idea only occurred to me this morning while walking my dogs.
        Believe it or not, the best ideas come to people in the way you describe. Give it an experimental shot and see if it works. If the experiment is successful, this may well be a way of catching out DCAs and their employees and put a stop to the forgery and fraud they frequently engage in.

Alternatively, there is a paper available which, when photocopied, reveals the word "PHOTOCOPY" all over the copy. I did this once to a motor insurer who was giving a neighbour the runaround and, boy, did it p*ss off the insurer's Claims Department when they found they couldn't forge a letter.

Comment

My standard way of copying a signature is to scan the document containing the sig I want to my PC (can be as an image or .pdf file).

I then use an image manipulation program (paint or photoshop) to extract just the sig. and save it as an image file.

I can then paste it into any document I wish.

Not sure the suggested method would prevent this.
          They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

.No it wouldn't prevent this but ir would show it up because when the document is exposed to a blacklight the date stamp i missing showing the document to be a forgery . its also possible that the act of scanning will cause the secret writing to flouesce and render the image unusable

Originally posted by basa48 View Post
            My standard way of copying a signature is to scan the document containing the sig I want to my PC (can be as an image or .pdf file).

I then use an image manipulation program (paint or photoshop) to extract just the sig. and save it as an image file.

I can then paste it into any document I wish.

Not sure the suggested method would prevent this.

Comment

Ingenious indeed, but what's wrong with signing it with a signature that looks nothing like your normal signature?

Comment

Use the paper that reveals "PHOTOCOPY" when you try to scan or photocopy it. I'll try and find out what it's called and post it up with availability information.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X