• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Flat Share Bills not paying their share.HELP!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat Share Bills not paying their share.HELP!?

Hey Guys,

Ill cut it short.
    I was in a flat share last year, and the tenancey people put the electric bill in MY name, so come the end of the tenancey we where a little stupid and didn't pay, not on purpose but 3 young guys it happens.
    They (E-ON) are now chasing for this, I said i was obviously willing to pay them, however not the whole (£700) for 9 months tenancy... so anyway I cannot get in contact with the other guys now bad terms of leaving all 3 of us. and E-on will only chase me as my name is on it. However I didn't enter my name. I want to pay some but not all of this as I don't really have £700 for this

who should i contact, should I contact the tenancey people, or what I am stuck they are now harrasing me at work, GOD nows how they got my work number but they are calling a lot her now.

Please Help with this.
    ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~
    Tags: None

Re: Flat Share Bills not paying their share.HELP!?

Originally posted by PocketTheDifference View Post
    Hey Guys,

Ill cut it short.
    I was in a flat share last year, and the tenancey people put the electric bill in MY name, so come the end of the tenancey we where a little stupid and didn't pay, not on purpose but 3 young guys it happens.
    They (E-ON) are now chasing for this, I said i was obviously willing to pay them, however not the whole (£700) for 9 months tenancy... so anyway I cannot get in contact with the other guys now bad terms of leaving all 3 of us. and E-on will only chase me as my name is on it. However I didn't enter my name. I want to pay some but not all of this as I don't really have £700 for this

who should i contact, should I contact the tenancey people, or what I am stuck they are now harrasing me at work, GOD nows how they got my work number but they are calling a lot her now.

Please Help with this.
    Unfortunately, as your name is on the bill then you are the liable party. Am not sure you can say fraud since you did live there. This is one reason why ALL names should be on the bill rather than just one name. Been there, got the t shirt and now live in place that is house share where bills are part of the rent. Thankfully, when someone did not pay, I was not out £700 but if you want to get them then you need to pay and issue county court summons against the other two regardless of what terms you were on since they are liable. However, you'll need to find out where they are(there are ways and means that are stalkeresque but might be worth doing...ie you'll be amazed how insecure people's facebook settings are which might give clues as to who you both might mutually know and which places they frequent ).
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Totally agree with the above.

In terms of repaying the debt, you should remain in regular contact with Eon, explain the situation, and come to a mutually agreeable repayment plan.

They may ask you to complete an Income and Expenditure form for this. Some on the site will correctly point out that only a judge can order you to do this, so you should not complete it. However, my view is that if you want them to accept a repayment arrangement, it is very much in your own interests to voluntarily submit this form.

Comment

Originally posted by PocketTheDifference View Post
        (E.On) are now harrasing me at work, GOD nows how they got my work number but they are calling a lot her now.
        I would suggest asking E.On (copied to their Chief Executive, Tony Cocker - tony.cocker@eon-uk.com) rather than praying to the Almighty if you want to know how they obtained the number of your employer.

You should also tell them that you want them to deal with this matter only in writing and that you consider all contact with your employer concerning this is not only harassment contrary to UK civil and criminal law, it also contravenes the Data Protection Act 1998. Add that if they call your employer concerning this on any occasion after they have received your letter or email, you will make formal complaints without further notice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X