• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Costs only CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costs only CCJ

I had a credit card debt with Egg and was threatened with court action by Bryan Carter. This resulted in a CCJ (3 years ago) I agreed to pay £10 a month at the time. I didn't notice until some time later that the CCJ was only for costs of £300 plus and not the principal amount of debt (£5K). I have now paid this CCJ (in fact overpaid). I have stopped the direct debit and am waiting Bryan Carter to contact me. What happens now...Will they/can they can now come after me again for original debt ? I assume I can claim back overpayment from Carter
    Tags: None

Re: Costs only CCJ

Originally posted by navajo1 View Post
    I had a credit card debt with Egg and was threatened with court action by Bryan Carter. This resulted in a CCJ (3 years ago) I agreed to pay £10 a month at the time. I didn't notice until some time later that the CCJ was only for costs of £300 plus and not the principal amount of debt (£5K). I have now paid this CCJ (in fact overpaid). I have stopped the direct debit and am waiting Bryan Carter to contact me. What happens now...Will they/can they can now come after me again for original debt ? I assume I can claim back overpayment from Carter
    All they can recover is the judgment sum, if they want anymore they will have to get a new judgment.
    How did it come about that they only claimed for costs?

Bernie

Comment

Re: Costs only CCJ

Sounds like a classic Mr C.
      Claim for a smaller sum and then come back for the main deal sometime later.
      This is, of course, completely against CPR and the County Courts Act, as the cause of action is the same for everything..
      He knows well that he is not allowed to split claims in this manner, but unless it is pointed out at the time of claim these types of meaningless CCJ arise..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X