• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

National Debtline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Debtline

Worth a look for debt issues:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/en...ebt_advice.php

Shadowcat.
    Tags: None

Re: National Debtline

Hear hear. They have some really good stuff on their site.

Comment

Hi

The National Debtline fact sheets take some beating, good stuff

Comment

Hi

With regard to National Debtline

Interesting link - MAT 2011 Business plan

The highlighted para below catches the eye a little!

I wonder whats to come in any potential 2012 Business Plan

http://www.moneyadvicetrust.org/imag...ess%20Plan.pdf

Achieve £1.5m in income generation from DMPs and IVAs and develop new income generation opportunities, prioritising training, consultancy and the development of relevant materials/publications and generate income surplus from these of at least £50,000.
        Last edited by Latch Key Kid; 4th February 2012, 12:08:PM.

Comment

Good link LKK, thanks.

I don't object to them making money as long as it is ploughed back in to help us lot. I'll read it in full later and see if it hints at what the money is going to be used for. :beagle: It could be disturbing.

Comment

These people were extremely helpful when i rang them. Sent a load of bumpf through the post all about my rights too.
            all free advice.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
              Good link LKK, thanks.

I don't object to them making money as long as it is ploughed back in to help us lot. I'll read it in full later and see if it hints at what the money is going to be used for. :beagle: It could be disturbing.
              Hi Labman

I agree with you to a certain extent but the obvious questions could be asked here.

'Achieve' and 'generate' are the words used in the plan I think.

Oh dear!

Comment

Originally posted by astraldream View Post
                These people were extremely helpful when i rang them. Sent a load of bumpf through the post all about my rights too.
                all free advice.
                Hi

Yes, good advice, great site, excellent fact sheets

They are not alone though, there are other good agencies.

Interesting Business Plan though that might come back to haunt them somewhere down the line (think it already might have)
                Last edited by Latch Key Kid; 4th February 2012, 13:27:PM.

Comment

That made an interesting read. It does look as though money raised is going back into services, but raising it from IVA's and DMP's is very questionable. As you rightly say, they're good, but there's amy other good ones.

I always find it worrying, though I realise it's a necessity to some extent, that they talk about, "We are also mindful of key risks, which we keep regularly under review, and which we judge at the present time to be:

Funding: increased competition on income sources and potential mergers/levies......"

This seems to me to defeat what I consider the whole point of free debt charities, that they should work together rather than see each other as competitors. This is not only National Debtline or the MAT though, it's other big charitable organisations as well. Some actively seek to force smaller charities out of business, which I think is appalling.

A good link though thanks. I wonder what the plan will be like for the coming tax year.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                    That made an interesting read. It does look as though money raised is going back into services, but raising it from IVA's and DMP's is very questionable. As you rightly say, they're good, but there's amy other good ones.

I always find it worrying, though I realise it's a necessity to some extent, that they talk about, "We are also mindful of key risks, which we keep regularly under review, and which we judge at the present time to be:

Funding: increased competition on income sources and potential mergers/levies......"

This seems to me to defeat what I consider the whole point of free debt charities, that they should work together rather than see each other as competitors. This is not only National Debtline or the MAT though, it's other big charitable organisations as well. Some actively seek to force smaller charities out of business, which I think is appalling.

A good link though thanks. I wonder what the plan will be like for the coming tax year.
                    Hi Labman

You make some really good points especially the ones about competitors & funding.

To be honest I along with others had to look through the plan a number of times to actually believe what we were reading. If there is a 2012 version it should also be worth a glance.

Wide open for obvious questions and perhaps some not so obvious (think the penny may have dropped here though) in my opinion.

Maybe they could all try and 'achieve' and 'generate' I suppose but where would this eventually lead? - maybe they could all try and 'out achieve and generate' each other....' sound familiar - think about it!

My opinion of a free impartial independent debt advice charity is that it should be excactly that, anything less and maybe dodgy ground awaits, perhaps even quicksand.

To be honest, with regard to the big and the little you mention, I am not too sure if there is that much love lost at the moment between some of the larger 'charities'

Edward G Robinson may well have been right when he said, "friends... dohneed friends..see"
                    Last edited by Latch Key Kid; 4th February 2012, 18:05:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X