• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arrow Global

Ok I sent the prove it letter to Arrow Global stating they need to prove they are correct in placing the defaults against me, I got the following response..

The address contained within your letter differs to the details we have associated with the account in question. Under the Data Protection Act we are required to verify this address, therefore we would appreciate it if you could provide us with two of the following:

(they then proceed to list a host of documents ie utility bills, card statements, benefit documents, tax documents etc to choose from)

Alternatively please contact our Customer Service Team on 0800 130 0165 to verify your address history, thus enabling us to respond to your enquiry.

It's a shame they didn't make contact BEFORE putting the defaults on my account! Any advice as to what I need to do with this?

I did specify in my letter that to not remove the defaults and continue to chase the debt without being able to prove its legality would be deemed as harrassment.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Suzisu View Post
      Ok I sent the prove it letter to Arrow Global stating they need to prove they are correct in placing the defaults against me, I got the following response..

The address contained within your letter differs to the details we have associated with the account in question. Under the Data Protection Act we are required to verify this address, therefore we would appreciate it if you could provide us with two of the following:

(they then proceed to list a host of documents ie utility bills, card statements, benefit documents, tax documents etc to choose from)

Alternatively please contact our Customer Service Team on 0800 130 0165 to verify your address history, thus enabling us to respond to your enquiry.

It's a shame they didn't make contact BEFORE putting the defaults on my account! Any advice as to what I need to do with this?

I did specify in my letter that to not remove the defaults and continue to chase the debt without being able to prove its legality would be deemed as harrassment.

Thanks
      Have they removed the defaults?
      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

No they have not

Comment

In that case write the following letter back to them:

Dear Muppets

Reference your letter dated **/**/** where you clearly stated my address contained in my letter to you, that was dated **/**/**, that my address on my letter to you did not match the address on your system for the alleged debtor you are trying trace. That being the case, then as the address on my credit file is the same address as the one i had given in my letter to you, it is clear you have not only unlawfully issued a default for this unknown alleged debtor on to my credit file, where i am not the debtor you are seeking, but you have also committed libel by doing so. The fact you have register the default despite my address on my credit file being different to the address you hold on your system, shows a clear breach of the data protection act 1998 and negligence on your part. Not only that but the act of wrongly or unlawfully recording data on a person credit file, that can be accessed and is used by financial organizations when deciding weather to grant credit to that person, is a clearly libellous act.

Therefore you have 7 days in which to remove all defaults, notes and enquiries and records made to my credit file, and to offer me a satisfactory level of compensation of no less than £250 for emotional distress and finanical deteriment. If you fail to do so, then not only will i be reporting this issue to the ICO and OFT, but i may also take legal actions without further notice entlight of your libellous actions.

As for me providing you with personal and confidential documents containing my data - Well give you complete inability to process data correctly and securely i will not be providing you such information, not only that the onus of proof is on you to proof a person is a debtor and a debt exists. Not only that, but as i am not the person you are looking for and as i have no business dealings with you or any contracts with you, then you have no right to ask me for such information.

Yours sincerely

(Print Name only do not sign by hand)
          Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

I think that's an insult to the Muppets who are cuddly and entertaining lol

Thanks, I will pen something similar to that, though I probably am the right person, and did live at the address they have, they have clearly not proved they have been assigned the debt, and the company that I previously dealt with on the debt, Phoenix recoveries, DO have my current address. So if this company were legally assigned by Phoenix, they would have my correct address!

Thanks for the help Teaboy, will keep you informed

Comment

OK I'm back.

Sent the letter giving them 7days to remove the defaults. It's been 14 days, no response and no movement of defaults.

So I guess now I have to follow through with my threat...ie reporting to ICO and OFT.....how do I do that?

Comment

For the ICO, go to their website at Data Protection and Freedom of Information advice - ICO and download a complaint form. It is a good idea to ring their helpline (number on website) for help completing the complaint form should you need it.

For the OFT, go to their website at http://www.oft.gov.uk You need to make a complaint to the Consumer Credit Licensing Department. It would be a good idea to copy the complaint to your local Trading Standards Department. Although OFT do not act on individual complaints, once complaints against a CCA Licence Holder accumulate to a certain level, this can trigger enforcement action. Who knows, your complaint may be the one that triggers enforcement action.
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi,

Can I ask, whatever happened in the end with Arrow Global? I have a similar situation, where on my credit file I have a default for them for a debt that I think but am not certain relates to a debt that I was disputing with Orange a couple of years ago. (I had paid this and they said I hadn't) Orange stopped contacting me after a while and I haven't heard anything from anyone about this debt since then.

Unfortunatley when I signed up to checkmyfile.com it shows on there that Global Arrow have put a default notice on my account and have been updating my report intermittently. The most recent default update was Jan 13 even though they have never made any contact with me.

I sent them a letter saying

" After recently obtaining a copy of my credit file from Callcredit and Equifax I was concerned to note that your company has placed a "Default" notice against my name for an unknown account.
                  Further to this I have no recollection of ever receiving such a notice, and I therefore require you to substantiate this data at your earliest convenience.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit). Your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number 1587 716732.

2. You must supply me with a signed true and certified copy of the original default notice

3. Any deed of assignment if the debt was sold on

I would request that this data is provided to myself within the next 28 days, if you are unable to provide this data then I must insist that it is removed from my files as unsubstantiated."

This is a template that I found online. Can anyone let me know if this was the right thing to do and what should follow after this?

Thanks

Svanjo11

Comment

Originally posted by svanjo11 View Post
                    Further to this I have no recollection of ever receiving such a notice, and I therefore require you to substantiate this data at your earliest convenience.

That is satisfactory so far, but...

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit). Your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number 1587 716732.
                    If the alleged debt arose from a contract with Orange, no Consumer Credit Agreement will exist, as you would have entered into a telephone service agreement with them. Arrow should tell you this and return your postal order.

2. You must supply me with a signed true and certified copy of the original default notice

Ha! You'll be lucky!

3. Any deed of assignment if the debt was sold on

Not a chance, as it could be commercially sensitive.

I would request that this data is provided to myself within the next 28 days, if you are unable to provide this data then I must insist that it is removed from my files as unsubstantiated.

Twenty eight days seems unusually generous.

This is a template that I found online.

Where did you find that drivel?

Can anyone let me know if this was the right thing to do and what should follow after this?
                    Just asking the buggers to prove it should have been sufficient.

Comment

Whoops. Should have checked on here first but I had sent the letter off before I found this site or registered on it. Suppose all I can do is sit around and wait now.

Comment

Sorry if I've missed a major point here, but you have tackled this direct with the Credit Reference Agencies as well? My first line of attack would be the CRAs as they are handling the data and it is unfair that the Default is listed. You should demand they supress the account and do not accept a disputed account marker. When the CRAs fail to act you should then take it to the ICO and FOS. Of course, continue to tackle Arrow while all of this is going on. As I say, if I missed your post about raising formal complaints with the CRAs then I apologise.

Comment

No, I haven't tackled the CRA's. Didn't actually know that I should or that they would be able to do anything to help. Is it just a matter of writing them a letter telling that that I'm disputing this debt/default?

Comment

Originally posted by svanjo11 View Post
                            No, I haven't tackled the CRA's. Didn't actually know that I should or that they would be able to do anything to help. Is it just a matter of writing them a letter telling that that I'm disputing this debt/default?
                            Yes I would. It'll be a long drawn out process and ultimately I suppose you'll go to the FOS arguing that the some of that adverse data should be suppressed by the CRAs because it is unfair.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X