• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

professional opinion needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: professional opinion needed

Thanks Labman and Gorang,

What ever happens its going to be time consuming it looks like.

Do you really oppose to sending a letter of proof?

Comment

i) re CRA inaccurate records: it is possible to take legal action to remove these. One member has a case going through the courts on this, where she is asking for compensation.

ii) your mortgage

can your OH get the mortgage in their own name alone, and then you purchase an equity share form him / her when your credit record is clean so you can get finance ?

iii) 'prove it letter'

I would definitely advise no contact, especially with a holiday period coming up. Other posters can give thier own advice on this point.

Comment

I see little point risking acknowledging the debt and setting the clock ticking all over again when it is so close to SB. Thus I would suggest no contact at all, unless they force you into it through something serious, very unlikely with MHall, though the threat may appear serious.

One of their tactics is to goad you into responding to achieve just this - don't fall for it!

After 6 years the default disappears from your CRF anyway, so I wouldn't worry to much about that given how short the time limits are in this case.

Comment

As i said before leave it to the default falls off the account then send a letter requesting the account be removed from your file if its still on their. If they refuse send a letter before action we will be more than happy to help you draft such a letter up.

And i believe Springer Spaniel, Labman and Gorang would agree with me.
          Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Gorang

I understand what you are saying but any data that is processed has to be kept up to date. If they updated your file one month before the 6 year limitation period was up then it would be old data and you would have grounds for redress.
            Servo Fides

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X