• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells/Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowells/Barclaycard

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Refer those oafs to the retort in the case of Arkell v Pressdram - link

Lowells may try to claim that a payment was made recently and that this has restarted the limitation period, but they are rarely entirely truthful; section 29 (7) - link - states that once a cause of action becomes statute barred, it cannot be revived.
    What do you mean "rarely truthful". Surely you should have said NEVER TRUTHFUL

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
      What do you mean "rarely truthful". Surely you should have said NEVER TRUTHFUL
      No.

I believe that they usually put the right year on their letters.

Comment

Mine was for a Credit Card. M&S chased it for ages passed it round the pond life before it landed on the dung heap that is Lowells. I know its unenforceable so do Lowells but of course they cannot bring themselves to admit it. No doubt it will follow the same predictable pattern
        It has been known for the Leeds Losers to face facts and;
        admit defeat...they don't like it though!

Comment

Debt collection practices - The Office of Fair Trading

scroll down to the Complaints Form!

Comment

Afternoon everyone, I'm new here and have just read the above with interest, I particularly enjoyed Teaboy's post of 8 Sept 11. I also received a similar assignment letter from BC in the same envelope as a Lowell Portfolio letter advising they have purchased my debt. My problem is I believe this is a fake BC letter badly put together by Lowell. The logo is completely wrong! There is no mention anywhere of the LOP Act 1925, nor is there any mention of rights and duties etc. in short, it's a con!
            Am I completely off the mark here or am I too suspicious?

Comment

Originally posted by blackrock View Post
              Afternoon everyone, I'm new here and have just read the above with interest, I particularly enjoyed Teaboy's post of 8 Sept 11. I also received a similar assignment letter from BC in the same envelope as a Lowell Portfolio letter advising they have purchased my debt. My problem is I believe this is a fake BC letter badly put together by Lowell. The logo is completely wrong! There is no mention anywhere of the LOP Act 1925, nor is there any mention of rights and duties etc. in short, it's a con!
              Am I completely off the mark here or am I too suspicious?
              Hi Blackrock

welcom to LB.

It is not unknown for DCA's to forge their clients company letterheads, using the wrong logos e.g. outdated logos. Personally i would ignore, though you will likely recieve a letter from red and from Hamptons legal (don't' worry they are not solicitors) both firms are lowells and are simply desk next to each other in the lowells office. Just ignore their letters but keep them safe. If they start phoning you simply refuse to confirm your details - after all the OFT recently adives people not to confirm their details over the phone due to scams etc and you don't know its lowells calling you as they always refuse to tell you who they are until you confirm your details. If they continue to call simply send tell them to put their reason for calling in writing and to delete your number from their database as per section 10 of the data protection act 1998.
              Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Hello teaboy and thank you for the advice. I will certainly ignore all the junk they send! This is on a MSDW account from 2004 with a reconstituted CCa and a 12 day DN from Mercers (read your post about invalid DN's from Mercers earlier) Let's see what their next move is!
                Regards

Comment

Yeah as a DCA Mercers DN is invalid, infact the toilet paper i used is a much more valid DN then theirs. Only the original creditor can issue a DN and it must be from the original creditor and written by them.

A reconsituted CCA does satisfy the CCA request under section 77/78 request but they must provide a true copy of the original in court. By the way what is an MSBW account a loan or credit card?
                  Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Originally Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, then Goldfish and lastly Barclaycard.
                    I think I should keep quiet about the DN and use this ammo when necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by blackrock View Post
                      Originally Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, then Goldfish and lastly Barclaycard.
                      I think I should keep quiet about the DN and use this ammo when necessary.

I know theyre having a lot of problems on accounts with this history of creditors. The agreements are in a mess so they dont know what theyve got if anything on most of these accounts. Barclaycard have sold them a lot of pups and there systems are hopeless too.

Dont let them bully you!!!!!!!

QCK

Comment

Originally posted by QCKate View Post
                        I know theyre having a lot of problems on accounts with this history of creditors. The agreements are in a mess so they dont know what theyve got if anything on most of these accounts. Barclaycard have sold them a lot of pups and there systems are hopeless too.

Dont let them bully you!!!!!!!

QCK
                        Gd Morning Kate and thank you, I'm reasonably aware of their underhand tactics so prepared for anything! I don't believe Lowell own this debt, I could confirm this via a SAR but may just wait a while and see what their next move is.

Comment

If memory serves me well, it was CrapBot who were chasing the old juice less MSDW lemons.
                          Sounds like same have been outsourced to Lowell...

Comment

Lowell buy crap that other pondlife have chased and failed. They chase it for a while through their various sihizoprenic identities before throwing it out with the rubbish and giving it to the likes of Muck Hall who really are the bottom of the DCA Dungheap

Comment

Shysters.

We need to have an awards system for the naffest people out there. It seems a shame to have someone like Lowells concinuously go unrecognsied for all their dirty horrible sleazy little business ways. They should be recognised for putting so much hard work into being such pondlife, it takes commitment.

Comment

Lowell buy crap that other pondlife have chased and failed. They chase it for a while through their various sihizoprenic identities before throwing it out with the rubbish and giving it to the likes of Muck Hall who really are the bottom of the DCA Dungheap
                                This adds up! had various clowns from Moorcroft, Westcott etc chasing...all with the same end result. Just a quick question, there are lots of charges on this a/c, if Lowell have actually purchased this debt do I claim unfair charges from BC or the purchasor Lowells. It would give me great pleasure to hit the buyer with a claim rather than the OC!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X