• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Secured Loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secured Loan

Good Afternoon
    Wondering if anyone can give an opinion on my situation please?
    I lived with my ex partner until May 2005, in March 2005 I jointly signed as the second signature on a secured loan with Welcome Finance. I did not own the property, the mortage was solely in his name, he purchased the house before he met me.
    We spilt up in May 2005 and I left to move home with my parents. To my knowledge he then made himself bankrupt and the house was repossessed at which point i assume secured debts were [aid first. I have had contact from solicitors and various debt companies on behalf of Welcome Finance since February 2009 at which point i instructed a solicitor to liaise with. He last wrote to another of these legal companies in July 2009 stating that i never actually owned the property. Since then nothing until last week when another, different, legal firm contacted me staing that they had proof of me signing the form and asking for payment.
    Were do you think i stand with lmitations act being that in March 2011 it was six years since i signed up for the secured loan and they have not issued any proceedings in that time?
    Any help/advice greatly appreciated?
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Secured Loan

Somebody more knowledgeable than me might post on this subject, but it was my impression that the Limitations Act does not apply to Secured Loans !!

Comment

Unsecured debts become statute barred after 6 six years. Secured debts including mortgages are statute barred after 12 years.

Comment

Thank you. Can anyone offer any advise on the fact I didn't own the property but welcome finance allowed me to be a signatory?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X