• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default Removal - very confused

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Removal - very confused

Hi,

I need some help please. I have been working outside the UK since July 2008, and my flat has been tenanted with a Letting agent under Full Managed Service.

I have recently discovered that my Mortgage Lender (ML) has defaulted my account since June 2010, even though I have never been late on a mortgage payment. It turns out that in June 2010, my mortgage company had to pay the Leaseholder around £4000 for the outstanding ground rent and management charges on my flat (apparently the Leaseholder did not have my new details from the previous company they took over).

My ML then tried to send correspondance to this flat to chase the arrears; as I dont live there I never received anything. THe Letting agent also has not sen any of these letters. The ML finally contacted me in March 2011 (getting my abroad mobile details from the Letting Agent) to advise that if I dont pay the arrears they will repossess as they have a Court Order dated DEC 2010. Unfortunately I cannot prove that i sent them change of details back in June 2008, so they think I still live in the UK; they sent letters to the 'occupier' of the property but the fact is I never saw these in real time.

MY questions are two fold - as I have paid the arrears can I have the default notices for the last 9m removed from my account legally, or is this at the ML's discretion as they did ask me to write in stating my case; I have never defaulted in my life and can show them it was purely down to me not receiving the communication.

Secondly, can they pursue a Court Order against a Non Resident?

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X