• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Case Allocated to Fast Track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Allocated to Fast Track

I had a CCJ set aside in January - a pre 1998 student loan which I believe to be statute barred (there was a period of more than six years between the last payment made and the date the SLC submitted a claim to the courts). They are going to argue that I deliberately moved house a number of times to avoid them, and that they left it so long to 'give me an opportunity to pay.'

The case has been allocated to the Fast Track with a hearing on 19th July. My notice of allocation to the Fast Track lists a number of things that I need to do but I don't know what they involve. If anyone can advise I would be extremely grateful as I have tried to contact a couple of solicitors without success and I can't really afford much legal time.

I have to do the following:

By 5th April - give standard disclosure
    By 12th April - request for copies and/or inspection must be made
    By 26th April - lay witness evidence must be exchanged (I am my only witness)
    Within 14 days of receiving Claimant's evidence and Schedule of Loss I must either agree or serve a counter schedule
    By 24th May - pre-trial checklists must be filed

The bundle should be lodged 5 days before the trial date.

I'm not sure how much more information I can submit to the court as I don't really have any evidence other than to say that the debt is statute barred. The time period was confirmed by the SLC via the judge at the statute barred hearing.

With many thanks for your support.

Geth
    Tags: None

Re: Case Allocated to Fast Track

If anyone can advise on what I have to do to 'give standard disclosure' by next week I would be extremely grateful. I don't know how much of the above requires me to actually submit anything to the court.

With many thanks

Geth

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X