• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moorcroft and Eon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorcroft and Eon

Hi All,

Just need some advice please if possible.

I used to be with Eon and switched suppliers in November 2010.

My final bill outstanding was for £145. Now, because I am not working, I advised them over the phone initally that I could not afford to pay the full amount at once and asked if I could setup an arrangement for £10 per month.

Of course they refused this, and I've had several letters from them demanding payments from me within 7 days etc...

This went on throughout xmas, and in January 2011, I sent them a letter(recorded) explaining my financial difficulty and that I will be paying them £10 per month as of February 2011.

They acknowledged the letter and they are not willing to accept this amount as they would like more.

I paid the £10 in February as I promised and will be paying £10 again this month.

They then had UDS harrassing me, and now have got Moorcroft harrassing me saying that they will take me to court.

Now, I will continue to pay Eon direct the money owing, but will moorcroft take me to court? DO they stand a chance or should I send Moorcoft a letter and which one should it be?

I just find it frustrating that I am willing to make payment and have done so and I'm being treated like this.....

Thanks for any help. x
    Tags: None

Re: Moorcroft and Eon

Anyone? :tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Comment

If you carry on making the payments direct to EON tell moorcroft that is what you are doing and you are in correspodence with EON, they will not take you to court as they would be stupid, so I would say just threats (initial Threatogram I suggest), but send letter recorded delivery to them containing above, that is what I would suggest unless others have any comment?? any correspondence with either of them by mail only!!
      Last edited by MIKE770; 19th March 2011, 20:36:PM.

Comment

Thankyou Mike770,

Thats what I intend to do, but just what clarification on this.

I don't usually worry, but I just didn't like the threatogram from Moorcroft.

I will indeed be sending Moorcroft a letter recorded stating that my payment are going directly to Eon.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tya View Post
          Thankyou Mike770,

Thats what I intend to do, but just what clarification on this.

I don't usually worry, but I just didn't like the threatogram from Moorcroft.

I will indeed be sending Moorcroft a letter recorded stating that my payment are going directly to Eon.

Thanks
          The wording of threatogram is hoped to frighten you into paying, as you are worried so it is doing just what they want, well they would have a long way to go to take you to court as there are proceedures they have to follow and people on here can assist if it had come to that, let us be honest if somebody in your circunstances turned up in front of judge showing they are repaying a small amount as can be afforded, I wonder what he would say to moorcroft and EON for ignoring facts of your personal situation?? just keep paying as you are and send the letter to moorcroft, also you could inform them that any further threats will be reported to FOS as they cannot ignore personnal situations such as yours. As the guidelines issued by Financial Ombudsman Service issues.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
            The wording of threatogram is hoped to frighten you into paying, as you are worried so it is doing just what they want, well they would have a long way to go to take you to court as there are proceedures they have to follow and people on here can assist if it had come to that, let us be honest if somebody in your circunstances turned up in front of judge showing they are repaying a small amount as can be afforded, I wonder what he would say to moorcroft and EON for ignoring facts of your personal situation?? just keep paying as you are and send the letter to moorcroft, also you could inform them that any further threats will be reported to FOS as they cannot ignore personnal situations such as yours. As the guidelines issued by Financial Ombudsman Service issues.

Thanks for this, I will make I mention FOS!

Its good to know where I stand and I will not be intimidated by them.. I slept very well last night thanks to you. So thanks again.

Tya z

Comment

Here is Eons code of practice from their site, maybe remind them of this in your letters to them.

http://www.eonenergy.com/NR/rdonlyre...502CredMan.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                Here is Eons code of practice from their site, maybe remind them of this in your letters to them.

http://www.eonenergy.com/NR/rdonlyre...502CredMan.pdf

Just looked through this, fantastic! Yes I will be reminding them of this.

Thanks, this has helped me aswell.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X