• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Personal Dept Helpline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Dept Helpline

Hi. Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes....

I was contacted by Personal Debt Helpline on 1st February and, stupidly as I was desperate, I gave them my credit card details to agree to have my debts sorted with them. I received their letter a few days later and found that they were going to charge me £150 for the service - something that wasn't told to me in the phone conversation. I called them up and told them that I was no longer interested to which the man on the other end promptly told me 'okay then' and hung up on me.

On the 28th February I was charged the £150 even though I had already asked them to cancel the agreement. They told me that I needed to write them to confirm the cancelation.

9 days later still no money so I rang them back up again where I was told that because it was over the 7 days 'cooling' period (and they HADN'T received my letter) I was not allowed my money back (despite the fact I was NEVER told about this 7 days period). After a huge argument on the phone and the agreement that I re-send the letter with recorded delivery, they will now decide whether I should get my money back depite the fact they were never allowed to take it out my bank in the first place.

What is my position and can I get the Omnbudsmen to get my money back? I never signed anything to agree the money and I definately rang them to cancel the policy (even though they apparently have NO record of this!!!!!)

Please help!
    Tags: None

Re: Personal Dept Helpline

Hi and welcome, did you pay by Visa ?

Comment

Hi yes I did... do you think I could get my bank to pay it back???

Comment

Good, then this is a VISA card. All VISA cards are covered by the VISA Chargeback scheme.

Contact your card issuer and request a Chargeback form. Note that the VISA Chargeback scheme has a time limit of 120 days and you must make your claim within that period.

Visa Chargeback is a process that allows you to reverse a transaction if you are unhappy with the item received, or if the item you have ordered does not arrive, or if your Visa debit card has been used fraudulently.

Chargeback is part of the Visa Scheme Rules, which participating banks subscribe to. It applies to all Visa debit cards and also covers prepaid Visa cards and Visa Electron purchases.

Telephone your card issuing bank and ask for a Visa Chargeback form. If the person you speak to does not know what that is, ask to speak to a supervisor and then repeat your request for a Visa Chargeback form. Once you have been sent the form you complete it and make a claim against the sellers bank for the return of your money.

Read more at: Non Receipt of Goods - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Thanks... I will see what their decision is and put a claim in straight away.... thanks!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X