• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defaulted twice for the same debt...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defaulted twice for the same debt...

Hello,

I'm new to the site and would appreciate some advice regarding my Credit File.

The background is that sadly, some difficult personal financial circumstances resulted in Egg registering a default against me at the end of 2009 for unpaid unsecured loan of £8700.

The debt appears to have now been acquired/assigned to a DCA called APEX Credit Management who have defaulted me again for the same debt! I have no contractual arrangement with them, nor did they send me any notices that they were about to take the action that they have.

So my credit file now shows two defaults for the same debt. Surely there must be some rules against this as it hardly seems fair. I know I could in theory post a notice of correction but they tend to be generally ineffective.

I would like to get this remedied and I need an effective stick to beat Apex around the head with. I suspect me just writing to them to ask them nicely will have little effect.

Help please?
    Tags: None

Re: Defaulted twice for the same debt...

You cannot be defaulted twice for the same debt. Write to the credit reference agencies and they will take it up with Apex.

Comment

Re: Defaulted twice for the same debt...

Egg seem to be making a habit of this: EGG ignoring ICO ruling.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X