• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New to Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Lowell

I have just started to receive text msgs and phone calls from Lowell stating a i need to clear a debt with them immediatley. I'm concerned about contacting them in writing incase they send someone to my home, as they are very persistant and theatening over the phone. Can they follow through with their threat of legal action?
    Tags: None

Re: New to Lowell

until such time as they can be bothered to physically write to you concerning this matter you have NOTHING to say to them.

You need to make that perfectly clear to whoever calls you that you only deal with financial matters in writing for the avoidance of doubt.

Comment

Ok, so can i just ignore their calls untill they contact me in writing, or will that make the issue worse?

Comment

Originally posted by ab87 View Post
        Ok, so can i just ignore their calls untill they contact me in writing, or will that make the issue worse?
        Yes you absolutely should ignore them. They will use intimidation tactics, threaten action that they cannot/will not take and also lie and decieve to get you to make a payment when on the phone.

Simply say to them that you will not discuss financial matters over the telephone and that all correspondance should be placed in writing.

Then, do no hang up, but leave the phone off the hook on the side of the table for 20-30 minutes and then come back and then they should have ended the call after wasting a few minutes of their time and also saving someone else the same harassment

If they continue to call there is a letter you can send them, but simply do the above each time they call and they will get the message.

When, if, they finally get round to contacting you by letter, you can see what their approach is then.

Best

Crispy

Comment

Thats great - thanks for your advice!

Comment

If the calls are very frequent and/or at antisocial times eg before 9am, late at night, you can get an injunction against them for harrassment - I posted about this earlier in the week. Lovells are quite sensitive to this tactic as the OFT do not look favourably on companies who are succesfully sued for harrassment.

On your mobile you can block them as a caller. On BT there is a 'choose to refuse service'. You can tell BT you are refusing 'nuisance calls' and see what help and services they have.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X