• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A DMP Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A DMP Question

I have a question, I am unemployed I get a Pension of 620 a month out of that I pay 406 to the mortgage 150 to C Tax and 54 to a CC. My OH earns 1000 a month and pays for food Elec /gas etc. At the end of the day as a couple doing an ic ex plan we have 60 quid to pay oh creditors which is 350 per month.

My question is ... can my wife do a DMP on her own because if we enter a DMP together as soon as I start working all my wages will be spent to a rearranged DMP

What I am asking is although in a relationship can one of those partners deep in debt, take out an individual DMP without affecting the other partner.
    Tags: None

Re: A DMP Question

Are the debts joint or in one name only ? ie. Would the DMP for your wife be for solely your wife's debts ?

Also if you do decide to go the DMP route use a charity like CCCS to manage it as they are free.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Are the debts joint or in one name only ? ie. Would the DMP for your wife be for solely your wife's debts ?

Also if you do decide to go the DMP route use a charity like CCCS to manage it as they are free.
      Yes Ame it would be solely for my wifes debts all in her name. do the cccs do a single DMP??

Comment

Anyone know, is it possible???

Comment

Here is the link for cccs why not phone and ask them or go through the info on the site.
          Debt help | Free debt advice for UK debt problems | Free debt management | CCCS

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
            Here is the link for cccs why not phone and ask them or go through the info on the site.
            Debt help | Free debt advice for UK debt problems | Free debt management | CCCS
            Got a reply from a CCCS person

"Your wife can have a sole DMP and you’re not obliged to include your income.

However it’s advisable to show that you are contributing towards the household costs. For example if you pay the council tax, she would just need to insert a comment next to it such as ‘husband pays in full’. Or if you contribute towards certain expenditure, insert ‘husband pays half’."

Maybe the way to go then

Comment

I would suggest you fill in the I&E from on here if you have not already done so, often you tend to forget little bits of things that you pay out, thus leaving your spare cash greater than it really is.
              They will expect updates on your situation and they don't expect you to have no money for pleasure.
              Hope it works out for you.
              Enaid x

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                I would suggest you fill in the I&E from on here if you have not already done so, often you tend to forget little bits of things that you pay out, thus leaving your spare cash greater than it really is.
                They will expect updates on your situation and they don't expect you to have no money for pleasure.
                Hope it works out for you.
                Enaid x
                Thanks Enaid, will fill one in over the weekend and hopefully some one can have a look at it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X