• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot / Citi Cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot / Citi Cards

Hello all

This applies to two seperate Citi Cards I previously held.

I'm Self employed. Got into difficulty in 2009 making credit card repayments to all card lenders and asked for help. Got ignored by all. Citi Cards passed the debts to Collect Direct and Clarity Credit Management services respectively. Both contacted me, rang up all the time, sent the standard threatening letter etc. Unfortunately could not pay and referred them to my original offer to Citi Cards. £1.00 per month

Got fed up with ongoing harrasment so used your SAR letter. Thanks for this. Sent SAR request to Collect Direct and Clarity CM via recorded delivery on 30/04/10. Both were recieved and Signed for on 4/05/10. Phone calls and letters stopped, heard nothing further from either company.

Seems they have now sold the debts to Cabot Financial who have been in touch. Have had so far one polite conversation with Cabot when they rang here. Explained I would not deal with them other than in writing and that in fact was surprised to hear from them since the previous companies had failed to supply the paperwork. Why has a debt been sold on etc, data protection act etc....

Cabot have assured me everyuthing has been done correctly, didn't believe them and told them so. They have sent Income / expenditure forms and asked me to complete and send back.

I am fairly certain there is no PPI on either card but there may be some charges that could be reclaimed and I also think they stiffed me for 6 months of interest and charges when I notified them that I could not pay and asked for help.

Please..... What is the situation with Cabot Financial, should they have the debt? The contracts were not supplied when the SAR request went in nearly 8 months ago despite keeping my fee.

Where do I go from here?

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot / Citi Cards

Sounds par for the course.

Well as Cabot have been in touch, hve the actually written to you.

Have a read of the first link in my siggie for more detailed advice, but the best one is NEVER talk to these people on the phone.
    Everything MUST be in writing..

Comment

Yes. I have had welcome letter for both cards advising me that they have bought the debt. This was in October. Then letters in December after the phone call with Income / Exp forms advising to fill out anfd get back to them asap. Nothing from CiTi advising debt has been sold.

Comment

Well that being the case I would be inclined to throw a simple Prove It at Cabot and see what happens from there.

There an example in post #4 in the first link.

Comment

Thank you. Will try this and advise the outcome

Comment

Starting out slowly and carefully can lead to surprising results..

Comment

Just an update. Still have not recieved any documents from Cabot since my request. Get a standard interim letter every 28 days or so advising me they are still seeking the documents from Citi Cards.

Have not recieved any further phone calls or letters other than 'Dealing with it' letters.

Is this down to Cabot or is the problem Citi Financial? Can I do anything about this. If they cannot come up with the documents is there any chance of having the debt officially struck off (or whatever is the correct term) and the default notice removed?

Any advice welcome.

Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X