• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice needed desperately

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed desperately

Hi everyone,

I am a widow, living alone and am in my middle seventies and disabled. I have just joined this recommended forum in an attempt to get some advice on harrassment by a debt collector. The original debt was to Bank of Scotland for £900 dating back to 2007. I repaid some of the debt but due to big problems financially after my husband died eventually discontinued the payments.

A few weeks ago I began to receive very unpleasant threatening letters from Arrow Global and another debt collector firm named Rossendale who apparently have been appointed by Arrow Gobal to recover this debt which Arrow Gobal have bought from The Bank of Scotland. The debt has now risen to over £1000

In addition to the letters I began to receive phone calls roughly 3 times daily from about 8.30 am until 8.30pm. Nobody answers when I pick up the phone and a search revealed it is Rossendales.

I rang them and offered a monthly repayment of £50 which is really more than I can afford but was turned down and told I must pay a minimum of £100 or they will begin court proceedings. I told them that was impossible and they said they would now proceed with court proceedings. They then sent me a letter stating I have ignored their phone calls and letters so will be taking me to court. This morning the stressful phonecalls began once more and I just don't know what to do next. Can anybody help me with this problem as I am already ill and this is frightening me so much. I would be so grateful.

Read more at: Hi everyone - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
    Tags: None

Re: Advice needed desperately

Hiya

I'm sorry that you've not received a quicker reply. Firstly I would say to you to never, ever talk to these people on the phone.
    Next thing you should write to them with a prove it letter, found here post # 4 Dealing with DCA's - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum its part of Curlybens excellent guide, take a good read of it and give a shout if you need further help.
    Also I'd fire off a telephone harrassment letter too that will/should stop them calling you Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Please stop worrying, there are lots of people here who can help you.

Comment

Sincere apologies from me too - I don't know how I've managed to miss this post all day. You must feel terrible, but honestly try not to worry as you'll get plent of help here and the DCA's make their money out of frightening people. If you actually put it into context, there were probably several thousand people around the country received that exact same letter today - it feels very personal, but actually it's not!

The advice you've been given if absolutely spot on - any problems just post up again. We're always around. There's one particular person on here who is an absolute genius with dealing with DCA's, so don't worry, you're in safe hands!

Comment

Sincere apologies from me too - I don't know how I've managed to miss this post all day. You must feel terrible, but honestly try not to worry as you'll get plent of help here and the DCA's make their money out of frightening people. If you actually put it into context, there were probably several thousand people around the country received that exact same letter today - it feels very personal, but actually it's not!

The advice you've been given if absolutely spot on - any problems just post up again. We're always around. There's one particular person on here who is an absolute genius with dealing with DCA's, so don't worry, you're in safe hands!

Comment

The OP has another thread on this here which was answered but the OP may of lost the thread so started another.

Perhaps the two can be merged

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...#ixzz1AAdeKr7R
          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Now you say that you offered them £50 a mth, did you make this offer in writing.

Im just thinking of there treats to proceed to court which if they do any evidence you can show that an offer has been made will be favourable to you.

As others have said no more communicating via phone as you need prove of every action you and they take, so do everything in writing only from now on.

Furthermore any judge will see you are an OAP and disabled and thus a vulnerable person and will take all this into consideration.

Finally when you need to find this thread in future just go to quick links at the top and click subscribed threads this will take you to a list of threads that you are following.
            If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Or just go to "User CP" at the top and it will show if any posts have been made onto this thread. I always find that easier than Quick Links, personally.
              Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X