• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Kensington Mortgages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kensington Mortgages

2-3 years ago we had a second mortgage with Kensington - big mistake that ended up with our having to sell our house.

Following the revelation just before Christmas about Kensington and excess charges I sent them a SAR and asked for a copy of their complaints procedure.

I received a letter this morning from them stating they have no formal complaints procedure and each complaint is dealt with on a case by case basis. They then asked me to phone (no way!!!!!!) if I wanted to discuss something about which I was unhappy.

Surely an institution that can legally offer mortgages etc.... the size of Kensington must have to have a complaints procedure in place.

Given they say they haven't where do I complain about excessive charges when my SAR comes back (if I was charged any - lol!)
    Tags: None

Re: Kensington Mortgages

Anyone?

I'm actually thinking of going down the lines of trying to find a no win no fee over this.

Comment

Have you considered the FOS as they would take your claim up for you and this would not cost you anything. But you have to have a final letter from Kensington first.

Also, a lot of the no win no fee CMC's also only go through the FOS from what I can gather, so it would cost you money for no reason.

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
      2-3 years ago we had a second mortgage with Kensington - big mistake that ended up with our having to sell our house.

Following the revelation just before Christmas about Kensington and excess charges I sent them a SAR and asked for a copy of their complaints procedure.

I received a letter this morning from them stating they have no formal complaints procedure and each complaint is dealt with on a case by case basis. They then asked me to phone (no way!!!!!!) if I wanted to discuss something about which I was unhappy.

Surely an institution that can legally offer mortgages etc.... the size of Kensington must have to have a complaints procedure in place.

Given they say they haven't where do I complain about excessive charges when my SAR comes back (if I was charged any - lol!)

Comment

Hiya Tuttsi,

Thanks for your reply. I guess this means I'm stuck for the moment with identifying any overcharges on the account, then trying initially to reclaim those direct from Kensington, then if unsuccessful consider the fos.

Comment

Hi Caspar

If you have not already done so send them a Subject Access Request (SAR) for the cost of £10, with this you can request all your statements and list of charges + you can ask for any other information that they hold on you.

You then write detailing them out and if they refuse to repay it is a complaint to the FOS. We did this with Melbourne Mortgages and they reduced our charges substantually and we therefore decided not bother to refer this to the FOS.

Tuttsi xx

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
          Hiya Tuttsi,

Thanks for your reply. I guess this means I'm stuck for the moment with identifying any overcharges on the account, then trying initially to reclaim those direct from Kensington, then if unsuccessful consider the fos.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
            Hi Caspar

If you have not already done so send them a Subject Access Request (SAR) for the cost of £10, with this you can request all your statements and list of charges + you can ask for any other information that they hold on you.

You then write detailing them out and if they refuse to repay it is a complaint to the FOS. We did this with Melbourne Mortgages and they reduced our charges substantually and we therefore decided not bother to refer this to the FOS.

Tuttsi xx
            Thanks again - you're a gem! SAR went off as soon as I heard about them being done for overcharging. Our mortgage was during exactly the period they're talking about. Waiting for that to come back, but wa surprised they didn't have a formal complaints procedure.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X