• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My situation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My situation

Hi,

Last month i looked into a DMP unfortunately they could not help only advise on what to do with regarding a budget sheet and template letters, i have started the ball rolling and just feel so alone at the moment, it is quite complex as i own a business aswell,
    at this point i would just like to say that my business has no debts what so ever, unfortunately over the past very hard year i have put all my efforts into this, and took my eye off my personal finances which has left me in a bit of a mess.
    i have got lots of questions just do not know where to start

:12:
    Tags: None

In need of advice please

Hello everyone,

As some of you may have gathered i am not used to how forums work but hey ho hope somebody can help.

Last month i looked at a debt management plan i tried 2 well known companys because i have a shortfall of over £300 pr mth in our income these companys could not help apart from doing a budget sheet and template letters to my creditors.
    I have sent letters to my creditors and had replies off all of them 1 accepting offer of £1.00 pr mth for 3 months now i have a letter off Blair, Oliver & Scott demanding application for temporary repayment programme of which i am not going to fill in as asking for account numbers phone numbers,

creditor 2 has accepted payment offer of £1.00 pr month for 6 months letter off bank of scotland and freezing interest at 0%

creditor 3 overdraft will not accept my offer of £1.00 pr mth and has been passed to their recoveries section Barclays

creditor 4 not had any information back only my regular statement with the deposit of my £1.00 payment which was deposited.

with regards to creditor 1 do i have to provide the details for the temp repay programme only the original creditor has had all this information there is no mention of what account they are refering to please help Thank you :snowbal:

Comment

In need of advice please

Hello everyone,

As some of you may have gathered i am not used to how forums work but hey ho hope somebody can help.

Last month i looked at a debt management plan i tried 2 well known companys because i have a shortfall of over £300 pr mth in our income these companys could not help apart from doing a budget sheet and template letters to my creditors.
      I have sent letters to my creditors and had replies off all of them 1 accepting offer of £1.00 pr mth for 3 months now i have a letter off Blair, Oliver & Scott demanding application for temporary repayment programme of which i am not going to fill in as asking for account numbers phone numbers,

creditor 2 has accepted payment offer of £1.00 pr month for 6 months letter off bank of scotland and freezing interest at 0%

creditor 3 overdraft will not accept my offer of £1.00 pr mth and has been passed to their recoveries section Barclays

creditor 4 not had any information back only my regular statement with the deposit of my £1.00 payment which was deposited.

with regards to creditor 1 do i have to provide the details for the temp repay programme only the original creditor has had all this information there is no mention of what account they are refering to please help Thank you :snowbal:

Comment

Re: My situation

Hi Mike, I've merged your threads together in the right place.

Comment

Hi Mike

Were the debt companies you tried seeking for help with free organisations, such as the National debtline, CCCS etc?

If the companies keep refusing and sending out letters asking for more, write and inform them you will have to complain to the FOS if this matter is not resolved.
          My point is the charges will just keep rising, where this could be avoided if they resolve to token payments for a certain amount of time.

I understand its a right pain as you've already tried, but maybe write and inform them other creditors have been fair and understanding of your hardship circumstances, and have allowed token payments for the time being or until your financial situation improves.
          Tell them you only accept written correspondence, and expect them to understand and accept this offer by 8 weeks.

Now if they continue to refuse, your entitled to make a complaint to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) under a hardship case.

I have experienced the same thing here, no matter how many letters sent, then it came to point I made a complaint to the FOS, they upheld in our favour, and then frozen charges/interest.
          The FOS confirmed if they accepted this earlier the extra charges would not have occurred which only worsened the debt balance.

This was then put right and accepted in our favour by the bank, the charges were refunded back to the account, and we were also redressed further for distress and inconvenience, which was awarded to ourselves.

Thankfully things have now fallen into place, since hubby returned to new employment at the start of this year.

Comment

Thanks for reply,

The trouble is that Baclays have closed my bank account after hitting me with such alot of charges unpaid dd because we had switched account as per cccs advised us to do, so my overdraft was 2500 and the last letter i received off them showed me it was 3700 the annoying part of this is that as i said earlier i took my eye off my personal finances and was paying for 2 life insurances through the through the same bank. so i am looking to reclaim just over 12 months of premium if not longer as my previous life insurance has been running since 1995

so hoping for something back at least.

:bedjump:

Comment

Originally posted by Mike 1 View Post
              Thanks for reply,

The trouble is that Baclays have closed my bank account after hitting me with such alot of charges unpaid dd because we had switched account as per cccs advised us to do, so my overdraft was 2500 and the last letter i received off them showed me it was 3700 the annoying part of this is that as i said earlier i took my eye off my personal finances and was paying for 2 life insurances through the through the same bank. so i am looking to reclaim just over 12 months of premium if not longer as my previous life insurance has been running since 1995

so hoping for something back at least.

:bedjump:

Hi

You can still continue the above, even if the account is closed, that makes no difference at all.:santa_wink:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X