• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

credit card requesting lotd of personal info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• credit card requesting lotd of personal info

I have asked the above credit card company to send me a financial assessment form as I am facing financial difficulty due to redundancy. I have been asked to provide proof of income, benefits paid to me, my last 3 weekly/monthly salary slips and bank statement.

I'm feeling uncomfortable in sending private and confidential information by post.

Is it compulsory to do this or can I refuse to send any documents?

Can anyone assist?

Many thanks

Bernie
    Tags: None

Re: credit card requesting lotd of personal info

Hi Bernie,

I'm sure someone will come along and advise you on this situation shortly.

Can anyone help this person?

Tya

Comment

Hi bernie and welcome,
      Do you have any PPI on the CC?
      If not then send the letter 2 and I&E form found here Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
      They will want some proof that your income has reduced and usually the I&E form is enough.
      Enaid x

Comment

Originally posted by bernie View Post
        I have asked the above credit card company to send me a financial assessment form as I am facing financial difficulty due to redundancy. I have been asked to provide proof of income, benefits paid to me, my last 3 weekly/monthly salary slips and bank statement.

I'm feeling uncomfortable in sending private and confidential information by post.

Can anyone assist?

Many thanks

Bernie

Scanning the documents and e-mailing them springs to mind but you'd have to check with the credit card company if it would be acceptable. I'm not sure if the company could provide you with an electronic income & expenditure form but the Money Advice Trust Common Financial Statement is used by some financial institutions - have a look here Money Advice Trust - Welcome to the Common Financial Statement

Alternatively sending them by registered post that has to be signed for by the recipient may alleviate at least some of your concern.

At the end of the day if sending it by post is the only option you have to weigh up your unease with the potential benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by bernie View Post

Can anyone assist?

Many thanks

Bernie
          Clarify with them if they will accept photocopies or whether they require the originals. You do need to provide a lot of information if you are in financial difficulties which is so that the company can fully see your situation and be able to either reduce payments or allow you to make token payments.
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Thank you all for your advice. Its very much appreciated. :santa2:

Bernie

Comment

These documents are mandatory to furnish with banks,so that they evaluate our financial position before issuing a credit card.

how to fix bad credit

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X