• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

centro client review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• centro client review

Hi everyone. Its been over a year since I last heard of this company phone num01792762552, ring that and it puts you through another that then transfers to an answering service for someone called Mark, I stupidly put in a claim for PPI paid up front and not a dicky bird, does this firm exist, how do I get my money back
    Tags: None

Re: centro client review

We have had quite a lot of peeps in the same situation as you and in my opinion you should write to them by special delivery demanding your money back and giving them 14 days to comply. Failure to do so will result in a claim againts them through the small claims court and also you will put in a complaint to the Ministry Of Justice as they have not dealt with your claim despite their assurances that you have been mis-sold PPI.

You should have their address on the original stuff they sent through.

Tuttsi

ps it is Cento Client Review and they are also trading under different names as well.The Ltd Company is Client Connection Ltd and they also trade as Money Claiming Experts and Lifestyle claims
    Name & Registered Office:
    CLIENT CONNECTION LIMITED
    PRINCESS HOUSE
    PRINCESS WAY
    SWANSEA
    SA1 1SD
    Company No. 06637623

12 Reasons why you should not pay upfront fees:-
    12 Questions a Consumer should ask a Claims Management Company

Written on May 6, 2010 by
    1. Do I have to pay any upfront fees?

You should never pay an upfront fee. The reason for this is very simple. If you do pay an upfront fee your interests and those of the Claims Management Company (“CMC”) are mis-aligned. A CMC has little incentive to work for you if they have already been paid a fee. If no fee has been paid the interests of both parties are perfectly aligned because both parties will not receive any money unless the CMC wins your case.
    2. How much are the fees?
    This should be no more than 25% of the win amount + VAT. Be careful though, some CMCs apply their fee to the total value of the policy. If this is a current loan then it will include premiums that you have not yet paid. If you sign up with a CMC that operates like this they could leave you out of pocket because you may not be able to pay their fees from the compensation that they recover from you.
    3. Is the work done on a no-win no-fee basis?
    This is the basis on which the work should be done. This means that there is no risk to you in making the claim because the fee is only payable if the CMC is successful.
    4. Does the CMC have a minimum fee?
    Most will and this is reasonable. However, make sure that if the amount of your compensation were to fall below the minimum fee you would only be charged half of the compensation you received. You don’t want to be paying a minimum fee that is more than the compensation that you’ve received and therefore be in a worse position than you were before signing up with the CMC.
    5. Are there any hidden charges?
    Make sure that there are no hidden charges in the terms and conditions. Some CMCs hide charges for administration fees/document handling fees in their terms and conditions.
    6. Is the CMC regulated by the Ministry of Justice?
    You should never work with a CMC who is not regulated by the MoJ. Handling claims without a MoJ licence is a criminal offence. You can check by looking at the MoJ’s website and searching under the CMCs name.
    7. Will my claim be dealt with by the CMC?
    Some CMCs sell your claim on to other companies. It is important to check so that you know exactly who will be dealing with your claim and how you can contact them.
    8. What is the qualification of the person who will be handling my claim?
    Some CMCs are using poorly trained staff to process claims. Make sure that the staff have adequate training and experience.
    9. Will I be kept fully up to date with the progress of my claim?
    CMCs should let you know as soon as they have received your instructions to act and any loan documents you may have sent them. They should also keep you fully updated with any responses from the lender.
    10. Will I be able to speak to someone about an offer that is made to me?
    You should be able to discuss an offer that is made to you with a member of staff who has the relevant expertise and training to fully explain the offer to you. You should not be put under pressure to accept an offer that you don’t understand or is not in your best interests.
    11. Will I have to give my bank details to a CMC when I first speak to them?
    You should never have to do this. There’s no reason for a CMC that operates on a no-win no-fee basis to be asking for your bank details at the start of the process.
    12. If I’m unhappy with the service how will I be able to cancel my contract with the CMC?
    You should always write to a CMC to notify them that you want to cancel your contract. However, this contract will not be cancelled until the CMC then confirms it with you.

Please also read here re the MOJ rules https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/...ust%202010.pdf this rule was revised Aug2010. The address is also at the bottom of this for your complaint.
    Last edited by TUTTSI; 2nd December 2010, 12:13:PM. Reason: added information relevant

Comment

Hi all new to the site. Hope you can give me some help or advice. Has anyone ever had any refund from Centro client review? We paid them £140+£10 To see if we had a claim against our Mortgage company. That was about 18 months ago. Ive been in contact with them several times and each time I am fobbed off with various excusis. The latest was that my signed permission was out of date and that I should re-sign another form which I did about 4 weeks ago. But I have not heard anything from them since. Can anyone HELP?

Comment

Happy new year and welcome to Legal Beagles.

Please refer my post 2 above as this gives you all the information that you need. You should deal with this ASAP in my hones opinion.

A few peeps have had refunds by following our advice but you have to write to them first, but since you have just given them a further authority you may have signed new T&C's and I am not sure what you have signed for.

Tuttsi

Originally posted by andycockleshell View Post
        Hi all new to the site. Hope you can give me some help or advice. Has anyone ever had any refund from Centro client review? We paid them £140+£10 To see if we had a claim against our Mortgage company. That was about 18 months ago. Ive been in contact with them several times and each time I am fobbed off with various excusis. The latest was that my signed permission was out of date and that I should re-sign another form which I did about 4 weeks ago. But I have not heard anything from them since. Can anyone HELP?

Comment

I recieved a call from money claiming experts stating that i could claim misold ppi and could claim back.I paid £352 to get it dealt with. They said afte this process 3 claims were valid and i wanted them fast tracked to get money back sooner and could i pay an additional £353 per claim. They advised me to pay through my credit card as i would not lose it. Have since had a further 2 packs from gravity finance and lifestyle claims to fill in. This has now went on for 6 months. We cannot get any information from this company. Any advice as what to do. I can't believe i fell for this.

Comment

Hi Anne

Welcome to Legal Beagles.

It is a shame you did not research thoroughly before parting with your money, but you and many thousands of others have been drawn in by there excellent sales pitch. PPI is now subject to court proceedings. See here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=24880

You will need to write to Cento Client Review urgently by special delivery sending a letter before action requesting your money back in full otherwise you will take action against them for the return of all monies paid. If this is the company that took your money.

You may under cashback from your credit card obtain a refund but if it is over 6 months I am not sure so you should make immediate enquiries and put in a claim.

You will also need to complain urgenty to the Minstry of Justice as they have authorised them for able to tranact this type of business. The more complaints they receive they should do something about it.

I would definately not speak to them on the phone keep everyhing in writing. If they do not respond within say 7 days then Court Action should be taken against them, but before you do you will need to check at Companies House that they are still in business as so many peeps have said they are not answering calls I am getting very concerned to say the least.

If you need any help with the letter, please post up and please keep us informed of your progress.

Tuttsi

ps also refer to my post no 2 above for more information

Comment

Hi tuttsi,Thanks for your reply. I have just contacted Ministry Of Justice.They have told me to write a letter of complaint.If i dont hear from them in 3 weeks i have to phone them back and they will investicate.Will keep you updated.

Comment

Anne 14 days is sufficient for Cento to respond. Very important that you keep to a strict time table and advise Cento that the MOJ have requested that they must respond to you otherwise the MOJ will intervene and in any event you will be issuing a claim against them for all your money.

Good luck and keep us informed.
                Tuttsi

Originally posted by AnneJ521 View Post
                Hi tuttsi,Thanks for your reply. I have just contacted Ministry Of Justice.They have told me to write a letter of complaint.If i dont hear from them in 3 weeks i have to phone them back and they will investicate.Will keep you updated.

Comment

Re: centro client review/client connection ltd/lifestyle claims

Dear All

Client connection ltd contacted me by phone on Friday 11th March 11. They sold me a pack to recover overpaid mortgage costs for a cost of £179.98 which they debited from my credit card. They assured me that the pack would be with me by Monday 14th March but today, the 15th March it is still not here.

I tried to contact their customer service on 0844 6699333 but the phone kept going dead after a few minutes. Nor could I contact my intial seller, Karl on 01792 763480. Eventually by trying various options on the customer service line I got through to a lady who assured me the pack had been sent but that I should wait a further few days until Thursday 17th March before contacting them again if it didn't arrive.

I made her aware of my concerns, but she seemed totally unconcerned, even when I told her that I had contacted both the Ministry of Justice (they are an approved company on the MoJ website-authorisation number CRM16588 - a fact which Karl used as part of his sales pitch) and my bank.

I have emailed client connections making them aware of my concerns and asking them to inform their legal dept that i consider the 14 days cooling off period to be nullified if the pack never arrives. Having read the other comments I clearly need to cancel the agreement now

Comment

Re: centro client review/client connection ltd/lifestyle claims

Send them an email to this effect immediately advising that the pack HAS NOT ARRIVED and that you do NOT WANT TO CONTINUE and that you want your money back.

In addition as you paid by credit card I would certainly call immediately your credit card company and advise them that you were sold a service over the phone from a cold call, they were supposed to send you a pack which has not arrived and that you do not wish to continue and you wish therefore to claim your money back under chargeback system to your credit card. At least you would have reported this matter even if they ask you to wait and see if they return the money it will be on record.

I used chargeback recently and it was very easy and money was returned to the credit card it came from.

To claim back Mortgage charges we can help you here for free for you to send the relevant letters and when you are ready I will point you in the right direction assuming you have paid Mortgage charges?

Let us know how you get on.

Originally posted by Mrs Average View Post
                    Dear All

Client connection ltd contacted me by phone on Friday 11th March 11. They sold me a pack to recover overpaid mortgage costs for a cost of £179.98 which they debited from my credit card. They assured me that the pack would be with me by Monday 14th March but today, the 15th March it is still not here.

I tried to contact their customer service on 0844 6699333 but the phone kept going dead after a few minutes. Nor could I contact my intial seller, Karl on 01792 763480. Eventually by trying various options on the customer service line I got through to a lady who assured me the pack had been sent but that I should wait a further few days until Thursday 17th March before contacting them again if it didn't arrive.

I made her aware of my concerns, but she seemed totally unconcerned, even when I told her that I had contacted both the Ministry of Justice (they are an approved company on the MoJ website-authorisation number CRM16588 - a fact which Karl used as part of his sales pitch) and my bank.

I have emailed client connections making them aware of my concerns and asking them to inform their legal dept that i consider the 14 days cooling off period to be nullified if the pack never arrives. Having read the other comments I clearly need to cancel the agreement now

Comment

Tuttsi you might be interested in reading 12 March comments 01792763480 - who calls me from 01792763480? 11/12
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Ame, they seem to be getting more deperate now.

If a member of staff thought they were running an ileagle operation why does the MOJ not close them down, they have had thousands of complaints and stop them from scamming the general public. You do not expect government departments to behave like this.

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        Tuttsi you might be interested in reading 12 March comments 01792763480 - who calls me from 01792763480? 11/12

Comment

You do not expect government departments to behave like this.

lol, yes you do
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just picked up on this and I may be barking up the wrong tree here but all these names seem remarkably similar(and the circumstances) to a situation blew up just after the "Carey" case in October 2009.

The CMC there was "Cartel Client Review" which in itself was sort of undrwritten by the partners in a law firm. I understand Cartel went into administration and the underpinning law firm was closed down by the Solicitors Regulation Authority if the press reports of the time are to be believed. Many clients had paid significant sums up front and were left high and dry, some with pending court cases etc.

Its just that all the names mentioned on this thread bear the same hall marks which ring those bells.

regards
                            Garlok.

Comment

Yes Garlock, after Cartel went down, Cento changed it's name to Money Sxxxxx Exxxx, a name similar to Martins site then, more recently changed to Lifestyle claims.

Originally posted by Garlok View Post
                              Hi Guys,

Just picked up on this and I may be barking up the wrong tree here but all these names seem remarkably similar(and the circumstances) to a situation blew up just after the "Carey" case in October 2009.

The CMC there was "Cartel Client Review" which in itself was sort of undrwritten by the partners in a law firm. I understand Cartel went into administration and the underpinning law firm was closed down by the Solicitors Regulation Authority if the press reports of the time are to be believed. Many clients had paid significant sums up front and were left high and dry, some with pending court cases etc.

Its just that all the names mentioned on this thread bear the same hall marks which ring those bells.

regards
                              Garlok.
                              Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X